Prologue

Exhausted, Mikasa sat down the chair and shut her eyes. Feeling the weight of her body dragging her down as well as the pain in her feet was not helping at all. The sun died down an hour ago but the evil chibi elongated their training hours which every other member in the 104th Trainee Squad felt fatigue. Levi seems harsher than usual.

"Now you listen you shitheads, cleaning duties tomorrow starts at six, you hear?" Levi belowed.

"Yes sir!" They all said in unison and were dismissed. Mikasa sighed and silently followed Eren and Armin to dinner. She rotated her left shoulder clockwise as it felt a bit numb from training.

"Heichou's been putting a lot of pressure on you lately, don't you think?" Armin asked. Mikasa couldn't do anything but sigh again.

It's true that Levi is loading her down with a lot of errends and trainings. She hated it though, she sounded like Levi's pet, which is likely never going to happen. Aside from towers and towers of errands, she had been the center of his attention lately. One wront step and he is criticizing her.

Dinner was served and everybody started eating. Mikasa really didn't have the appetite since they all eat in one table and people like Sasha and Connie could pig out most of the times. But then there were people in the table who had manners such as their higher ups (Levi and Hanji), Armin and Historia. She simply ate her food slowly.

There seems to be a fuzz over the other side of the table where Jean, Reiner and the others are. They were cooing and teasing and yet sounded like they were encouraging Jean about something. Stoically, Mikasa didn't care at all, that was until Jean all of a sudden stood up and pounded his fist on the table.

"What the fuck horsefa-" Levi was cut off almost immediately.

"Mikasa, will you go out with me?!" Jean blurted out. Mikasa's eyes wide's open in surprise but returned back to neutral.Wow, he finally stopped being such a coward and asked her out. His cheeks flushed red and he averted his gaze. Other cadets were laughing and some where pretty shocked. People with shocked faces all thought that it was his death wish and people who laughed labeled Jean stupid... not for asking Mikasa on a date but something more...and everbody knows why. It wasn't because Mikasa would totally turn that down, it was something else that's far more scary

"Just for one day! I can take you somewhere we could eat and uhm go to a park or some-"

"Fine" Mikasa deadpanned. Everyone went silent, not expecting an answer like that from her, even Jean didn't expect it.

"R-really?!" He stuttered. Mikasa just nodded a bit. Jean made noises while everyone was still dead silent, waiting for a slap in the face to realize what just happened. Jean looked at his friends with a smug look. The table was still quiet, some still not comprehending the events. No one moved.

The corporal had silently judged what there is to judge before glaring at Mikasa. Levi laid his cup down, wiped his chin and mouth, and left the table just like that, not showing any emotions at all. Mikasa smirked mentally and left the table too.

She contentedly closed the door shut and walked through the dark alley of the mansion with just candles as light. Where is he?

She figured out the body language that the corporal had displayed earlier, but damn he was no where to be found. Walking out like crap when Jean just asked me out. Where is he?

She was about to enter her room when she felt an aura behind her, creeping throughout the narrow lobby. Finally.

"What was that about?" The figure asked darkly. She took a second to enjoy this facade before turning around to face him. Levi Ackerman.

"What was what about?" She asked innocently. Levi tisked and leaned over the wall. His eyes flashed of unbelief, hate, and other unreadable emotions.

"Don't play games with me, Ackerman" he warned. Mikasa rolled her eyes.

"Why did you accept that horseface's offer? And of all man, it had to be that silly assed face Jean" Levi hissed. Mikasa just glared at him.

"I know what I did but it doesn't entirely mean I like Jean, corporal" she tried to sound respectful but damn it just sounded pure mean.

"So why'd you fucking agreed to it?" Levi asked, staring into her black orbs. She exhaled and turned her back on him.

"I don't know what you came here for but if there's nothing more that you could tell me, then I would like to sleep and call it a day" she retorted. Within a span of one second, she was spun around and was pinned to the wall.

"Don't you turn your back on me, Ackerman!" Levi growled but Mikasa didn't looked scared or anything.

"Or what?" She deadpanned.

Silence.

"Fuck it" Levi muttered angrily whilst punching the wall behind her, leaving a crack on the wall and a crack in his knuckles. Mikasa gasped.

"You are fucking impossible!" He growled at her

"You know how I feel about you and you still fucking agreed to go out with that asshole? Well fuck it" he boomed with so much anger. Mikasa could only hold her breath while she looked at Levi's angered look.

"Like I said, I don't like Jean-"

"You don't now" Levi said coldly. The intense atmosphere just seems to be growing more thicker as they stared unto each other. Levi resented it, he resented his feeling towards the girl, that he felt so ashamed to have such feelings for a cadet that might just be as good as him.

"Tch" he muttered. He backs away from her and left in a hurry.

Jean was stupid. Jean was suicidal. He's stupid for asking Mikasa out, and he's suicidal for asking her out in front of everyone.

For asking her out in front of Levi Ackerman. Who's asked her out in the first place.