Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

Ciara slept fitfully, never really settling into a deep sleep. She was more concerned about their safety now in light of the threat against their family.

She feeling really tired, just wanting to go back to sleep again. Her mates chuckled leaning in for kisses and cuddles, as she tried to curl up again.

Layton said "Come on sleepyhead, time to rise and shine."

She groaned "Go away let me sleep a little more please." Hugging the pillow tightly as both still chuckled.

Aidan tugged on it but she wouldn't let it go only growling a him now. Both laughed leaning in to kiss her again touching and soothing her body.

Groaning again she mumbled "Guys I have no energy; as much as I'd love to be loved I feel shattered from lack of sleep."

Both huddled around her as she sighed. She just wanted to sleep more than anything, right then and there. She could remember being so tired when she was pregnant with her son. Even though she had been working during the those early months it had taken its toll and then her trip with her father. On that trip it had been the heat that sapped her energy the most, while staying in Singapore.

Layton cuddled her from behind as Aidan gently stroked her face, cheek and arm as both felt their kittens alert within their mates body. Both mentally agreed to take extra care of her now sending shafts of love through to the kittens to settle them. With the threat now present they both agreed to step up their normal protective stance with their mate. Both also aware Ciara would not be herself during this period and neither wanted her upset or over stressed as she carried their kittens.

Aidan rolled away briefly and picking up the phone sent an order through for breakfast to be delivered to their rooms. Layton smiled agreeing it would be best for their mate, then they would ensure she had a lovely soak with them afterwards.

Ciara knew they were looking after her as she smiled into the pillow sending her love through their bond with thanks. She heard them both chuckle as they sent their love back. Layton still held her snug into his body, content to stay that way as Aidan rejoined the hold of their mate. Both enjoying the new strong heart beats along with their mate.

Privately they agreed their kittens would be strong little babies and children as they grew. Both were each privately pleased to be heading home for the full protection of family and Clan as Ciara progressed through her pregnancy. Each aware their parents were hovering in the background of their minds, also keeping tabs on them all.

Aidan sent - Layton I'm sure Father has sent support as well, we just can't sense them yet. With luck Ciara will when shes awake and feeling more refreshed.

Agreeing, Layton added - Yes brother, I'm certain he has. Mother would have insisted as well, you know that.

They chuckled knowing she would have. Otherwise she would have threatened to just turn up in person herself to ensure her family was safe and secure. More chuckles knowing how harassed their Father would be feeling right now! Both soon felt heir mate drift back into a settled slumber, each noting her thoughts were calm now, the worry from before leaving her for now ensuring she had a good rest until breakfast arrived.

Both touched base with their bothers to see how they all were. Happy that everyone was settled and relaxed. Though as with themselves, both Brecken and Rayan were alert and would be equally as vigilant as Layton and Aidan. They talked quietly amongst themselves on their own private brother link, all four determined to maintain a level of protection without alerting their mates and families to their concerns.