There are three critical parts that make us human. A sound mind, body and soul. I wanted to leave your corpse undamaged. Or at least not more damaged than it already was. A human can not live without a soul. Since you were already dying at the time, I thought it would be okay if I also took your mind. Just before your soul could crossover, I took your mind and soul and traveled into the past.

Sakura nodded, listening intently as Mato continued.

I traveled to the past to the day before Team 7 was formed. When I stuffed - put, Mato corrected frantically. - your soul and mind into your 12 year old body, your 12 year old self fell asleep.

Sakura broke in. What happened to my 12 year old self? Then Sakura thought about something and asked worriedly, Was it transfered into my dead body?

Mato shook her head. No, I would have to do that manually. It's still there, Mato assured her. Since your 17 year old mind and soul was more mature and stronger, it dominated your twelve year old body and took control. Your twelve year old soul and mind are just unconscious. You could say they're in a coma.

I also wanted to avoid a time paradox... Mato had to pause. She had to think of a reason, but she coudn't think of an excuse. For various reasons. Whatever you do in this time could affect the future. But time paradoxes can only be caused if a body with both a mind and soul travel into a different time.

Sakura didn't understand why Mato wanted to avoid a paradox, since that was what they were basically doing, but she ignored it and shook her head. Something else was pulling at her curiosity. Her brow furrowed in confusion. I don't get it. Then where is my twelve year old mind and soul?

It's there. I mingled your soul and mind together. Lucky for you, it didn't cause any deformities, Mato said, smiling mischievously.

Sakura sweat dropped nervously. What do you mean by deformities?

Mato shook her head at her, mischievously and smiled again. Oh never mind!

Sakura shrugged it off and realized something. She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed before. What happened to Inner?! She asked, panic in her voice.

Huh? Mato said and looked to her left. Oh, you mean it? Yeah, she's here. I just put her on mute. She's really annoying.

In Mato's white realm inside Sakura's mind, Inner stood a few feet away from Mato, chained to a steel post with metallic duck tape over her mouth. She was wriggling in her captivity of chains and her eyes narrowed at her in anger. She tried to yell out something, but it was muffled from the duck tape.

Mato walked over to her and ripped the tape off her mouth. Inner gasped and cursed in pain.

Damn it! That fucking hurt! She glared at Mato and added, Next time you want to exclude me from the conversation, you can suck my -

She was silenced when Mato smirked and happily slapped the duck tape over her mouth again.

Sakura let out a sigh of relief, knowing Inner was still with her and chuckled, imagining what they did in her head and matching the dialogue.

Mato turned away from Inner's struggling body and put her hands on her hips. She said to Sakura, still smirking, See? Nothing to worry about.

Sakura nodded in relief as her eyelids flutter closed, and she drifted into another dreamless sleep.

6 hours and 50 minutes later...8:20 AM

Sakura awoke, eyes snapping open in surprise, to Inner screaming in her mind. SAKURA, WA-KEY, WA-KEY! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!