"Why you planning to impregnate the next bitch you see and tell me that ima be some fucking stepmum?"

"no Liyah, it's just this time it's different, I've never felt like this before, you make me nervous, I've never been so jealous in my life, and selfish I just want you for myself but I'm scared you'll get bored of me or I'll get so jealous if I see another boy look at you that I end up hurting someone or let it come between us, Aaliyah listen to me, I -"

"you don't answer my calls let alone return them, return my texts, you've avoided me for 3 fucking days and that's the best you could come up with, really Lucas, really... so pushing me away is your logic, yeah?"

"No wait-"

"Wait? No fuck you and your mixed messages - I'll revert to what I do best, being an introvert and pushing everyone and everything I love away cos you know what... wasting my time on people that just want to toy with me is a fucking joke"

I walked out his bedroom door

"Aaliyah, would you fucking wait.. please"

he said while chasing me down the stairs

"Aaliyah, you going so soon" Lucas's mum asked me while catching me at the bottom of the stairs, tears were brimming and I was trying my best to hold it back

before I could say anything, Lucas span me around and kissed me deeply
I was hitting his chest to try get him off me.

he pulled away and looked at me
"get off me" I struggled
he embraced me in a hug and held me tightly.

"no, I can't let you go Aaliyah"

Smelling his scent made my knees weaken, he always smelled sweet, sweet enough to fog your vision temporarily and enjoy his embrace.

once he let me go and gave me a weak smile... I slapped him across the cheek and made my way to my car.

•a week later•

we were back at school and I hadn't spoken to Lucas since.

I walked my way to my locker to hear someone call for me
"Aaliyah, Aaliyah"
it was Lucas, he caught up to me

"We really not going to talk about this, about us?"

"--" I refused to speak

"oh you're giving me 'air time' now ... how mature" he said sarcastically

I opened my locker door up, for him to close it again.

"Aaliyah! Don't fucking ignore me."
I rolled my eyes and moved his hand so I could out my folder in my locker.

I closed it and began walking towards the exit, the school day was over, just like how I was over Lucas.

"You do realise when I give up on you, that will be it between us" he shouted as I walked

"real men never give up, lil bitch" I shouted back while throwing my middle fingers up.

----------------------------------------------

2weeks went.. 3 weeks went and I hadn't spoken to him since. quite comical actually, I dropped outta dance club, got a part time job and contemplated studying at home.

I finished my shift at Walmart and made my way to my car, I received a phone call, it was from Alaina.

I put her on speaker and began talking as I pulled out the carpark.

"Are you free Liyah, we need to talk?"

"I just finished my shift, and I'm driving home, what's up?"