Chapter 3: Consolations over Ice Cream

"I'm so pathetic, Hermione." I told Hermione while munching on ice cream. We decided earlier that day that we'll have a sleepover at the head's room. It was such a good perk. In  a way I feel jealous but at the same time I feel so happy that they got the head's position because they really do deserve it. They've been through a lot and they deserve every piece of happiness that they can get.

"So, tell me what happened." She said while glancing over her book. I know even though that she is reading she was still listening to me. 

"When I arrived at the dungeons, he just stepped out of his bathroom, clearly just finished taking a shower. He looked so hot, Hermione. I don't know what I was thinking by accepting his offer for apprenticeship." I started.

"Then...?"

"Then I stuttered. But somehow, I accidentally slipped and fell on top of him. I normally wouldn't have resisting him but he was shirtless and his pants were unbuttoned. I felt my mouth water." I continued. I have no problems telling

Hermione with Severus because I know she's the only one who would try not to judge about my feelings for Severus. I know Harry and Severus are on better terms now but they're not best of friends as of yet and they would say a lot of things especially about the age difference.

"So then what happened?" She says as she finally closes her book.

"I kissed him. I kissed him, Hermione. It was not just peck on the lips. Put a fully passionate kiss that left me hot and bothered. I don't know what to do. The next two hours was so awkward that I couldn't even look in his eye while he was talking to me. I couldn't even look up. I was looking at my shoes the whole time. I was also stuttering. Oh my gee, Hermy! I know he's in love with someone but I can't help my feelings." I said. My cat ears kind of dropping near my scalp.

"If you ask your instincts, what do you think he feels about you? To some extent you should feel it." She asks while giving me a glare. She really doesn't like people calling her nicknames.

"I feel that to some extent, he's attracted to me but at the same time there is this factor that he's in love with someone amazing. Remember how he described her the last time he was in our home. I'm so torn." I tell her.

"Do you want to fight for him?"

"Yes, but if he's happier to with another girl then why should I keep him? I'm not even sure if I have a chance with him. And it's like I'm fighting an invisible opponent."

"Honey, I'm home!" I hear Harry jokingly greet Hermione.

"We're at the Kitchenette, Love." Hermione answers. They're so sickeningly in love.

"Awww... we have company? Can't we kick her out?" He teases me as he walked towards us.

"Shut up, Potter. Remember, best friends over weighs boyfriend even if they used to be a best friend." I answer him.

"Is it true?" He turns to ask Hermione.

"Maybe" Hermione teases. 

I left them and went to Hermione's room. I don't need to see the private moment between the lovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~

I decided to go to the room of requirement, when I couldn't fall asleep long after Hermione fell asleep. I needed to bake just so that I could relax. I just wanted to get my mind off Severus.

I let my real features show. Not any dramatics be shown. My mid back length curly black hair. My resemblance to the Black family can clearly be seen. The aristocratic features shown.

When I reached the room, I was amazed by the supply that was prepared and available to be used. I decided to bake a chocolate Croquembouche. To put it simply, it's a cream puff tower or pyramid. It looks amazing.

I was just about to put the finishing touches on the Croquembouche when I heard the door open. When I turned I saw it was Severus.

"Professor Snape!" I exclaimed.

"What are you doing here in this hour?" He asked me.

"I couldn't fall asleep and I wanted to bake. Stress-relief, sir. What about you sir?" I tell him.

"I was doing my rounds, Miss Tonks. To see if students are out of their bed. And I ca clearly see that you're one of the students and you're not in bed." He snapped. What crawled up in his buttocks.

"Ummm... do you want to eat some of the Croquembouche?" I ask him shyly.

"I don't know how it turned out but you're free to try it." I tell him.

"If you don't mind." He says as he sat down the chair that showed up out of nowhere. This room never fails to amaze me. It was a good thing that I brewed coffee while I was assembling the whole cake. I brought some of the cake and tea to him.

He motioned to offer me some of the cake that I brought him but I declined.

"You should let your natural features show more. It's quite lovely." He tells me after some while.

"I'm too conscious to show my real features. Nymphadora and I had the gift to change our features so that people will not judge us for being part of the Black family. I was lucky enough to find amazing friends to accept me. Maybe one day, I will. But I don't think right now is the right time. There are still a lot of people scared of the name Black because of what my deranged aunt has caused them. Maybe when the Wizarding community had finally moved on from the effects of the war. Maybe one day, when I myself have healed from the effects of the Wizarding War." I tell him in all honesty.

"Miss Tonks, I didn't know that's how you felt." He said, speechless. He pulled me into his arms and just held me there. Being in his arms, being comforted by his arm felt like I'm finally home after a long while. I felt tears escape my eyes.

"I still miss her. And Remus and Sirius. I felt devastated when I found out that they were dead. I can't imagine how Harry feels, the devastation. I can't imagine how you feel either. You lost more than a decade of your life. You've risked a lot just for the Wizarding World to be here. Thank you." I tell him. The terrors of the war came back to me all over again. I've been trying to move on from the terrors but there are just some days that it catches up to me.

"It's okay. Don't cry. It happens to the bravest." He comforts me. I felt him carry me princess style. My tears still not stopping.

He carried me all the way back to the dungeons, back to his room.

"Just stay here for the night." He says as I tried to get up when he set me down in his bed.

"Nothing will happen, I promise." He says quietly. I believe him, he's truly a gentleman. He's amazing. I guess this is what love does to a person. This is how the greatest poets were able to write about love. I nod. He started walking away from the room.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'm going to the other room, so that I can sleep on the sofa."

"This is your bed. It's big enough for the two of us. Please stay. I don't want to be alone tonight." I begged him. I scooted over. He pulled off his pants and laid on the other side of the bed. No one said anything else until we both fell asleep. There was comfort in our silence.

~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

So this is my update. Please read and review.

xoxo
Jeanne_22