The Principles of Byun Baekhyun

Start from the beginning

When Baekhyun told the student body president elect about the basketball player's confession two weeks later as they sat on the rooftop, the stone faced boy only snorted as he finished off his cigarette. "That's fucking lame."

"You think he's on some sort of drug?" Baekhyun said, contributing to the conversation as he looked onto nothing, but the sky line.

"No, but he did that shit on a bet," Kyungsoo said surely as he diminished the butt of the cigarette by smashing the end on the concrete. "I wouldn't have fallen for it either."

"No one has a good sense of humor around this school."

"Everything's either bullshit or drama," Kyungsoo added, pulling a slice of gum out from one of his back pockets. "Then there's the occasional prank by the immature ones. It's fucking ridiculous."

"I hate this god damn school, Kyungsoo..."

"I fucking hate this shit hole, too."

Baekhyun laughed at the irony. "Why're you student body president again?"

"So another shit hole will accept my ass into their establishment and I can get a shitty degree and get a shitty job and live a shitty life." The boy chewed on his gum for a moment before turning his head and blowing in Baekhyun's face. "Can you tell I smoked?"

"No."

"Alright then," Kyungsoo sighed as he pushed himself up from the ground and started patting away any possible dirt on his pants. "I have to go back to the student government room since there's going to be a meeting about the complaints from students this week. Fuck my life and fuck all these people who can't fucking resolve their issues with each other without taking up my time."

"I'll see you later then," Baekhyun said, raising a hand in farewell.

"Are you going to go home yet?" the male asked as he fixed his appearance. "School's over. I don't know why you'd want to waste your time here when you have a choice."

"I don't feel like going home yet," Baekhyun shrugged.

"You want a cigarette to pass the time, then?" Kyungsoo offered.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun kindly refused. "I don't smoke."

"Good, because I don't have any on me anymore," Kyungsoo grinned. When he finished, he stuck his hands in his pockets. "I'll see you around."

"Okay."

After Kyungsoo left him alone, Baekhyun let his eyelids close and only meant to rest his eyes for a short while. The sudden arms of Sleep came onto him without warning, wrapping him with desires to rest permanently for an extended period of time. The pleasant feeling of the warm weather underneath the cool shadow of the wall he was leaning against inevitably lulled him to sleep and the next thing that Baekhyun knew, he was waking up to the depleting orange sunset.

Immediately, he checked to see if any part of his skin stung from any possible sun burn. When it seemed as though everything was in the clear, Baekhyun let out a breath of relief before he staggered upright off the ground. Grabbing his cellphone, he checked and found that it had died. Groggily, Baekhyun muttered a curse as he stuck his phone in his back pocket and carefully coiled his headphones and putting it in his front pocket.

The school was eerie when there wasn't a single human present. Even Baekhyun was slightly uncomfortable with the ghostly silence of the building as he made his way through hallways and stairs. Unable to get into the classroom where he had left his bag, Baekhyun decided to leave everything for the next day. To him, it wasn't as though it was going to go anywhere.