CHAPTER 2

{Yay chapter 2! I haven't completely given up lol. Enjoy!}

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

CHAPTER 2
Welcome to Alexandria

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Who are they?" Carol asked, saying the question that was on everyone's mind. They were all in shock. no one had brought them in. No one had shown them the way. Of course people have shown up at their front door but this time was different. They were different.

When Carol spoke though, everyone seemed to snap out of it.

Immediately Rick took action. Stepping forward.

"Who are you?!"

The people looked to one another, casting questioning glances. Until one spoke up.

"My name is Cage." The older man said. "This is my group. I assure you, we mean no harm."

Rick glanced at all of them. They looked much different than Rick's group did. These people were clean. Well cleaner.

"My name is Rick Grimes. This is Alexandria."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They had all agreed, quite willingly, to undergo the interviews. Now here they were. Rick and Deanna walked into the library where the man, Cage, was patiently waiting.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's no problem." He replied.

"Do you mind if we record this?" Deanna asked.

Cage eyed the camera for a moment.

"No," he said finally "not at all."

Rick and Deanna sat down in front of the man and proceeded to speak.

"So, you're the leader of this group." Rick said it coming up half statement half question.

The man looked puzzled.

"No. Absolutely not."

"But you spoke for the group." Deanna offered

"You're mistaken ma'am, we have no leader"

"No leader?" Rick asked

"We're a team, we all have our place and stick to it."

"Even a team has a captain." Deanna said.

Cage simply looked at her. Something in his eyes. Then, as if he caught himself, he flashed his pearly whites again.

"I suppose they do."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you mind if we record this?"

The next one to be interviewed was the big black man. Neyo, they learned his name was.

"Who will see it?" he asked coming to sit down.

"Whoever asks." Rick replied.

He simply nodded his head in return.

"So, Neyo," Deanna said "How did you find this group?"

He looked at her as if she had asked the ridiculous question on earth.

"...online"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Please, sit." Rick said gesturing to the chair

"Do you mind if we record this?" Deanne asked.

The black woman sat down in the chair, looking around the room. Finally she looked at the camera.

She hesitated.

"..no, not at all" She responded, still staring at the camera.

"So, Gurira. Tell us about yourself." Deanna asked, watching Gurira as she continued to stare at the camera.

She didn't respond.

"Gurira?"

She looked at Rick and Deanna suddenly.

"I'm sorry?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can we record this?" Rick sighed.

The man with the bat in barbed wire was being interviewed now, he smiled.

"Just get my good side." Negan replied.

Rick sighed in response. Apparently, this was going to be the longest day of his life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you care if we record this?" Deanna asked now getting very tired of asking this question. They only had two more interviews though, for that they were very grateful. The man they were interviewing now, though shall they say young man, was tall with dirty blonde hair, very handsome and young most likely in his early twenties.

"Um...why?" He asked

"We believe in transparency."

He simply nodded his head.

"So Thatcher correct?"

"I'm sorry, I do mind actually. Can we turn it off?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This was, finally, the last interview. it was with the young woman the very young woman.

"Do you give a shit if we record this?" Rick asked.

"No. Why would I?" She responded.

"Just asking," Rick replied. "So, what's your name?"

"E" The girl offered.

"E?"

She simply nodded her head.

"Not much of a name."

"No you're right it isn't Dick," she coughed "oh my apologies, Rick." She corrected herself with a grin plastered on her face.

"Right."

"E," Deanna interrupted. "What can you tell us about this group?"

E sat there contemplating the question.

"Cage and I met first, then Thatcher joined. Negan after that, and Neyo and Gurira were together. They were the last to join us."

"E," Deanna said, learning forward in her chair. "Do you consider your group dangerous?"

E looked at the woman. Something in her eyes. A look. It was a look Rick had seen countless times, it was a look that terrified him.

"Yes," E replied "Of course we are."

"And why is that?"

"We're survivors," She offered. "We're dangerous because we have to be, anyone alive, right now... is dangerous." She suddenly turned to face Rick...

"Anyone"