Chapter Ten

Just before we reach the dumpsters, Newt gives me one final look. "Are you sure about this?"

On the long walk to the dumpsters all he did was try to convince me to turn back, but he was unsuccessful.

"There just isn't a better option at the moment."

We walk around to the dumpsters but something's different, Gally is alone. Usually his posse is here to watch.

"What's he doing here?" Gally asks angrily when he sees Newt.

He starts to walk towards us when Newt steps in front of me and yells, "Don't hurt her!"

"Calm down I just wanted to talk," Gally says.

When he doesn't say anything Newt says, "are you going to talk or what?"

"I meant alone with y/n."

"Hell if I leave her alone with you," Newt spits back.

"Get out before I make you," Gally says.

Before Newt can say anything I cut in. "Newt it's okay, it'll be quick," I beg him.

"No! He's going to hurt you!"

"Please I just want to talk to her," Gally says looking ready to shove Newt away.

"If you touch her I swear-"

Gally quickly cuts him off, "just a few minutes, I won't hurt her."

"I'm going to walk 30 feet that way and not listen that's the best you're gonna get," Newt says walking away backwards never taking his eyes off us.

"Please just be quick," I ask him.

"I said I'm not going to hurt you."

I look at him skeptically, if he's not going to hurt me what's he gonna do?

By now I'm getting really worried because he's just staring at me. He finally says, "y/n I just wanted to say sorry for all those times that I hurt you and that I won't anymore. Also I, um... I just wanted to say that... um... okay listen I really like you. I know I didn't do the best job showing it, but I didn't realize until you were gone that I miss you when you aren't around. Before I was confused and I hurt you to make myself hate you, but I never did. I love you y/n."

I just looked at him. "Umm... Gally I don't think-"

He stops me mid-sentence and pulls me in for a kiss.