Prologue - Watch Your Back

I don't know how long it's been. It feels like years, but I know that's being dramatic. My cell is just white, no windows or bars just white walls and one solid white door. The only way they could see in was with the camera in one of the corners.

I didn't have any particular sleep pattern. I slept when I was tired and I woke when I wasn't, unaware if whether it was actually night or not.

The bond was gone. I had no sense of Scott. Not how far away he was or what he was feeling. Nothing... but I was okay. I found my only form of entertainment was to focus on control. When I felt the Nix trying to take over, to shut off my emotion, I channelled it into shifting. I began to perfect turning into a wolf. It was the easiest, but then I chose other animals. Second was a Coyote and then a fox. It was a long time before I began to change into things that weren't dog related, but I got it. Cats were next and then I managed a bird. Like the form of the wolf I took, they were all white. Not albino, my eyes weren't red, they were a luminous green, but the coat of even the panther and raven was white. I knew the people watching the security camera could see, but I didn't care. The Calaveras would have told them everything so it shouldn't have been a surprise to them.

I got angry at times. Angry that Scott and Stiles hadn't found me, but I started to channel the Nix then as well. I shut off certain emotions and then taught myself to turn them back on. Before long it became as easy as turning on a light switch. If I hadn't been locked up I knew I wouldn't have been able to master it. If I had shut off my emotions out there than emotionless me wouldn't have had a reason to turn them back on. The reason in here was boredom, but I had now learnt.

If I'm being honest I didn't entirely teach myself. Hans was there. He taught me. On Camera I probably looks crazier than I was. I often got mad at him and we got into an argument, but all they would have been able to see was me yelling at a white wall.

Maybe that's all it was. Maybe he was never there, I don't know.

There were ways I could have escaped. Shifted into a small animal and quickly darted out the small flap at the bottom of the door where they pushed my food through, but they only fed me if I was in human form. In truth I didn't know if I had a way out. The only way was if my friends found me, but like Severo had stated... they hadn't, or couldn't or maybe they weren't trying.

It was after I had gained control that I began to sit on my bed, my knees pulled to my chest just staring at the white wall. I didn't have anything to do anymore. I could shut everything off, but even the Nix has its limits.

So here I was now. A werewolf/Nix hybrid with complete control, but nothing to do with it, curled in a corner, her head resting on her knees, praying that someone... anyone would find her.

But the days continued to go by and no one came.

Please comment and let me know :)