Chapter Two- "Prove It To You"

The Schools Bad Boy

I sighed walking into the house. My parents were at work until late tonight because it was a Monday. My dad was a business owner and my mom was a doctor, they both got paid pretty well so I couldn't complain.

It was nice to be able to come home and not have to act like some preachers daughter or something. Not that I minded the whole religious thing, I've been going to church since I was out of the womb. Pulling off my wind-breaker I hung it on one of the pegs on the coat rack and headed into the kitchen. Setting my bag on one of the island stools I grabbed an apple from the fridge and a water bottle.

Afterwards, I grabbed my bag again and ran up to my room. Putting my phone on the doc, I turned on my music. Now, most people think anyone who goes to church and have beyond holy parents all you listen to is Christian music. Well, not here. My parents listen to Today's Hits, singing along to Jason Derulo's song Wiggle.

Do you know how embarrassing it is to listen to you're parents singing, "You know what to do with that big fat butt."

Honestly, I was so glad no one talked to my parents.

As for me, I listened to what every teenage girl around my age listens to when she's trying to subtilely rebel against her parents. Metal, Rock, and some other ungodly music.

I bobbed my head to the lyrics of Falling In Reverse's song I'm Not A Vampire.

"Hi, my names Ronnie and I'm an addict."
"Hi Ronnie," I sung quietly as the song went on.

"Ahh, I always knew you were into drugs. Not sure what kind, though. Meth? Coke? Weed? Heroine? Or is it something else?" Parkers voice rang from outside my window.

I turned swiftly glaring at him as he was crouched by his window. "Go away, Parker," I said as I watched a smirk make its way into his lips.

What's up with guys smirking all the time? Can't they smile for once? Or even cry? I don't know but smirking is not an ideal facial expression. You could be happy, mad, upset, planning on killing someone, tired, annoyed. The possibilities are endless!

I groaned when I noticed he wasn't going anywhere. I turned back to my homework and finished my last equation.

When am I ever going to need these?! I'm not going to be some scientist or mathematician or something! It's a waste of time, but I have to pass math for my parents, which means I have to learn this load of bull crap. "Awe, Izzy, is that you?" I heard Parker's voice again. I turned, once again, to glare at the immature boy.

"Would you leave me alone?!" I said, my eyes widened in annoyance. Wow, this boy makes me want to rip my hair out.

He let out a sigh, "So when are we hanging out?" I rose my eyebrows looking at him. Is he serious?

"I'm not hanging out with you. I don't know what got you thinking I ever would. You're not my type; As in friend or anything else." I said, ignoring the slight hurt that flickered in his eyes. Screw Parker and his immature ways.

"Ah, so someone who saved you from a bunch of horny guys doesn't deserve a chance?" He asked glaring at me.

"Why do you even care? It's not like we're even friends. You smoke weed, I wear purity rings. You're sleeping with girls, I'm studying. You're out partying, and I watch reruns of The Secret Life Of An American Teenager. We are total opposites." I said looking up at him in confusion.

"What if I prove you wrong?" He asked looking at me questioningly.

"Good luck with that," I said flatly.

His eyebrows rose, "And why's that?"

"Because I'm not interested in your offer."

"I'll change your mind, Isabella Carter. Just you wait." He said with not a doubt evident in his voice. He closed his window, shutting the curtains. I sighed and turned to my desk, running my slim fingers through my hair.

I finished any other homework I had before sitting down on my bed, watching TV and eating M&M's. My favorite.

It's a wonder of the amount of junk food I consume a day that I'm not weighing a ton and a half.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mom! Who is it I'm babysitting tomorrow?" I asked, standing at the foot of the steps. She was currently at the stove cooking Stir Fry. Yum.

"Mary and Alex Jonson's children next door, they're going on a date or something for their 20th anniversary I think it was." She answered and I froze.

"Megan," I whispered into the phone, "I'm babysitting Parker." My voice covered in horror.

"Oh my god! I feel so bad for you, Izzy! Make sure to kick him in his lady balls for me please?! What if he has a chick over or something? What are you gonna do?" She asked sympathy spilling off her tongue.

"I don't know? But why can't he watch himself and his little sister?! He's freaking 17 almost 18, is he that immature?!" I said angrily into the phone.

I heard her let out a sigh, "Maybe he isn't good with kids? Y'know how guys are; a bunch of pussies when it comes to little kids." I closed my eyes tightly.

"Tomorrow is going to suck. Please, kill me?"

"Isabella, dinners done lets go!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"I gotta go, Meg. I'll call you later?" We bid goodbye and I joined my parents in the kitchen.

Why must I be put through the torture of being stuck with Parker Jonson?

"So honey, I won't be able to make it to your game Friday night, we're having a meeting about a new company we'll be sponsoring." My dad said looking at me.

I nodded, "It's fine. It's not an important game. The one on the 16th is, though. We're playing against the Panthers and it's a huge rival! It's gonna be big!" I said excited.

My mom smiled warmly at me, "I can't wait to see it, dear! You're an amazing cheerleader! It's no wonder you're captain!" She said sending a wink my way.

"Thanks, mom. It means a lot you guys support me with this. I know a couple parents wouldn't let their daughters and some even sons do it because they were worried they'd get injured. But what's life without getting hurt a little, aye? Everyone needs a little pain once in a while," I said nodding to my own words.

My parents both nodded, "What are the boys for again? I always forget," my dad asked.

"Oh, mainly they're catchers. Some girls aren't quite strong enough to catch others, especially at the speed we come down at. But guys are more fit in that level so they do it. Occasionally we'll incorporate the football players into it. It's a lot of fun," I said smiling.

They both nodded again, happy. I loved my parents. They let me do my thing as long as it was legal and that it wasn't lethal to my life. I appreciated it. Every kid deserves to have understanding parents that let kids do what they want, as long as it's appropriate.