1

Lauren shut the door on my face and a wiff of marijuana hit me in the face. I hope contact high isn't a real thing. Walking back to my house, I could hear Lauren blasting her music, moments from breaking the windows.

I shook my head.

My family was waiting for me as soon as I got inside the house.

"What took you so long Kaks?" Sofi asked leaning again the wall with one foot resting on it.

"Lauren is..she's very non-conversational." Which is the truth.

"Well, did she say anything about joining us for church on Sunday?" My mother asked, wiping her hands off with the kitchen towel; that was hanging off her apron.

I shook my head. "No."

My father sighed. "Kids like that go straight to hell." That's kind of harsh. My mother smacked him on the arm. "What? I'm just saying. She's over there swimming in a pool of eternal damnation and sin." He clarified. "What do the kids saying..'I'm just telling it like it is' right mija?"

Sofi rolled her eyes "Sure thing dad."

My mom rapidly patted on my dad's shoulder. "You should have called Ally."

I sighed heavily. "Mom, no. Ally is too busy with missonary work to be bothered with the sins of Lauren Jauregui."

"Somebody should be." My dad mumbled. "I heard she stole Mr. Johnson's Mercedes Benz two weeks ago."

"Can you prove that?" I asked.

"No but-"

I cut him off. "God doesn't like ugly dad. Don't judge her." My mom rubbed my arm before giving me a hug. I smiled and untangled myself from her embrace. "I'm going to go up to my room and call Dinah." I said before heading up to my room.

"Okay honey."

I should be use to this by now. My parents have always been devoted church go-ers and it got to a new level when I was ten and my dad became the pastor of the church. That's when everything I did was looked at differently. All my time was spent in church.

All of my teachers who were religious thought or still think I'm a saint. A lot of people do I suppose, I don't think I am. I'm just a normal person. The only other person who thinks that is Dinah. My parents don't typically approve of Dinah because they're conservative and she isn't. They like her; just not the way she acts. I don't mind. I think her personality is bold, loud and really eccentric. She's different I really admire people who do what they want.

I like that.

I wasn't really going to call Dinah, she was busy. She got offered some really important movie role but, not many people know about it. Sofi tells me that she's too 'Cool for the summer', Dinah's always been cool just not well noticed for some odd reason.

When I got into my room, I let out the deepest sigh ever. My life is tough. Looking around the room I've had since I moved here as a child; it seemed plain. The minimal pictures of friends and family on the walls, a few academic trophies here and there along with one or two achievements. I had a normal room, excluding a poster of 'The 1975' plastered to my ceiling.

The thing about my room that bothered me a bit about my room; my window was directly across from Lauren's. Because of this I'm extremely cautious about what I do in front of this window. Lauren has a thing for photography. I learned my lesson back in the eighth grade. I was in my room dancing around one day after school, I can't dance, and by the next morning it was all over the schools website and newspaper. My parents weren't pleased. My dad almost pressed charges for invasion of privacy and her response was it my fault to leave the curtains open.

I honestly don't know why she hates me so much. What did I ever do to her?

I looked over to the window and didn't see Lauren, closing the curtains my computer screen lit up let me know I had a message.

Unknown User:

Are we good for tonight? I know a couple of people.

ButterflyQueen:

I'll get ready. The shows at 8:30. My parents will be sleeping and my sister will be gone.

Unknown User:

If this goes right, You'll be able to really step outside the box kid. They're waiting. It's almost time. See you soon.

I exited out of the conversation, I picked out a few outfits from my closet to see which one was a better fit for this night. Once I got the right one, 8:30 hit and I locked the door.

"Showtime." I whispered.