16- Goodbye

The following day consists of normal lessons, none of which I want to be in right now.

When lunch finally arrives I'm happy to just sit in the great hall, alone. I was questioning whether to visit Draco, but after yesterday I can't seem to bring myself to do that.

As I sit and stare blankly at the table in front of me, I feel something hit me and fall onto the bench next to me. I immediately look up to see my owl, Nor flying out of the hall once again. To my right there is a letter, I can only assume who it is from.

Dear Jasmine Gold,

I'm happy I received your letter. I apologise for my lack of communication about this, but yes, as you already know we are moving. However, when I say we I mean your father and I. We have had a serious talk and have decided that you are more than capable of fending for yourself after this school year is over. We know that you are a bright, independent young witch so we are not worried at all.

We have sold the house to a lovely young muggle couple who are expecting a baby very soon. This does mean that you will have to find alternate living arrangement, but I know you have many friends so this shouldn't be a problem.

Your father and I are moving to Barcelona in 2 months, so this is enough time for us to help you with any moving issues you may acquire.

Speak soon, Nancy Gold.

What?! This is utter bullshit!

I slam the letter down onto the table as I see people looking at me, only now have I realised that I said my last comment out loud.

"What!" I shout into the general area of the people who are staring.

"Whoa, what's got you wand in a knot?" Dean appears at my side.

I push the letter into his direction without saying a word.

It takes him only a few moments to understand what I'm angry about.

"They're moving without you?" He states the obvious of the letter.

"Yeah, and to bloody Barcelona," I state it too.

He's still scanning the letter as he continues to speak to me, "What are you going to do?"

"Kill my parents," I say completely seriously, Dean laughs. "No, I think I'll have to talk to Ana, just until I find somewhere better."

"Well, you could always stay with me."

I shake my head, "No, I don't want to be living right next door, and watching this stupid new couple re-vamp my home. Having their new baby live in my bedroom. Thanks Dean, but I don't think that's the best idea."

He nods, "Well when you put it like that, I understand what you mean. Will Ana be okay with that then?"

"Yeah, she said I could stay whenever at Christmas, so I'm sure the offer still stands. I'll write her tomorrow or something."

***

I stand outside the hospital wing door, questioning whether to go inside or not. It's quite late, he'll probably be asleep, that's what I think to myself as I start to walk away.

I don't know what I should do anymore; I don't know when Draco has to fulfil his task, I don't know if Harry is ever going to forgive me, I especially don't know what I'm going to do now that my parents are leaving the country.

I have to go back and see him; I have to talk him about all of this.

I wander back to the hospital wing again and this time I open the door, but nobody's inside. All the beds are empty. What? I head for the common; it seems like the next best place.