3- Jasmine Who?

School drags for the next few days, not much happens at all. Blaise has apologised for his inexcusable behaviour, and I forgave him. Dean has been off with Ginny, a lot, so I have seen much of him.

I now sit in Potions class, the lesson is just ending.

“Miss Gold?” Slughorn calls as I attempt to leave the room.

“Professor?” I match is tone.

“I just wanted to invite you to my dinner party, I use to have one every year, with a few select students? What do you say?”

“I’d love to, Sir. It sounds wonderful.” I say.

“Great, I’ll send you an owl.”

I nod, “Thank you, professor.” I leave the room slowly in case he had anything else to say, he doesn’t.

***

I sit at the Slytherin table for dinner; Blaise is next me and Draco opposite him. I think Draco and Pansy have officially broken up. She looks angry at the other end of the table, and her friends are looking at Draco as though they want to kill him.

“She’s happy.” I say without thinking.

Draco just looks at me, not amused.

After a weird 2 minutes of silence, Draco finally decides to speak.

“Okay, personal and family. That’s what I want to know about you, now.” He says.

“Oh, it’s happening now? Okay, cool.” I think for a moment. “Well, my full name is Jasmine Octavia Gold, Pureblood. I live with my wizard father, Augustus Gold and my witch mother, Nancy Gold. I have one older sister called Anastasia Gold and a pet owl called Nor.”

He nods, “What house were they?”

“Ravenclaw, all of them.”

He looks puzzled, “Bet your parents were happy with you then.”

“They weren’t, but they learnt they had to be.”

That will always hurt me, the fact my parents practically disowned me when I was put into Slytherin, they didn’t let me come home for the entire first year, in fear, ‘I would hurt them.’ Even when I was finally home and they saw that I hadn’t changed, things were still different, there was tension, my mother use to cry. At that age I didn’t know it was such a big deal. Third year, I realised the power of the Slytherins and how evil they could be, then it dawned it me. I’ll never be my parent’s perfect child.

***

We speed through dinner after that, and I soon find myself wondering back to the common room with Draco.

“Are you okay? With Pansy I mean?” Maybe I shouldn’t, “I know, sorry, it’s not my place to ask.”

“Don’t worry, no, Pansy and I just isn’t working, clearly. She’s very clingy and I’ve got other things to be dealing with anyway.” He drops it, just like that, like it’s no big deal. It’s clear that he really didn’t care about her, ever.

“Other things?” I say.

“Yes, other things, family things.”

I nod.

“Getting to know you is the thing now, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is. Do feel like you hate me less yet?”

“Mildly. You’re still not great. Although, I do appreciate you sitting with the Slytherins instead of the Gryffindors this evening.” He says.