Chapter 27

Hannah's POV

"Zayn? W-what's going on?" I asked him. I was shivering because the room we were in was freezing. He was just wearing a t shirt, and he was fine. I was expecting him to ask me how I was, or something cheesy. Maybe even call me babe cause that seems to be my name to these boys. But no, instead he just asked me a simple question, "so you kissed Niall huh?"

Oh so that's what this is about, I should've known. "Why do you care?" I asked. He smirked at me, "I don't, I just thought you and Louis were a thing."

"I kissed him because I was excited" I said.

"That's not what he said," Zayn replied.

"Well that's what I said," I told him. Zayn crossed his arms and gave me that 'mhmm' face. I kept shaking my head, "Zayn, I don't like him like that!" Zayn started to chuckle. "What are you doing?" I asked. That only made him chuckle more. "Stop!"

"You know babe, most people don't usually kiss people when they're excited," he said.

"Well Im not people."

"I think you like him."

"Shutup no I don't! I sometimes kiss my guy friends, whatever."

Zayn's smirk slowly disapeared, and he faced the floor. "Am I your friend?"

I looked at him surprised. I think he thinks I don't like him. "Yeah I guess. You're my friend, Zayn."

He slowly looked up. He didnt want are eyes to meet, "really?"

I nodded, "yeah, why so surprised?"

That's when are eyes met. He shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I'm not used to hearing that."

"What do you mean, don't you have friends?"

"Just the lads, and you..being a vampire gets kinda lonely."

Based on the look on his face, he's telling the truth. I'm surprised he doesn't have more friends. Didn't he have friends before he turned? Or maybe that was so long ago they all died. Either way I kinda feel bad for him. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. I don't think Zayn wants me to feel bad for him, but everyone has to break down sometimes, even vampires. He didn't hug back right away. "Well I'm your friend Zayn," I whispered in his ear.

He hugged me back, "thanks babe." I turned towards him and planted a kiss on his cheek. I can't see the front of his face but I think he is smiling. Then I moved back, and he was smiling.

He stared into my eyes. I don't think he was reading my mind but I stood clear of thoughts just incase. I smiled back to him, and he smirked. Then I had to break the moment, "soo umm. Do you wanna go back upstairs?"

He nodded, "umm sure." He reached out his hand, and I grabbed it with mine. He walked me out the door and down the hallway, until we heard someone. We were turning a corner and Zayn pulled me back. It was the corner right before you get to Nialls room. "Shh I hear someone" he said. He covered my mouth. He peaked his head out the corner, and so did I right under his. Then we saw Harry walking to Nialls bedroom. I started to get scared, but Zayn held me and made me feel safe. Harry walked straight into Nialls room and shut the door. Zayn looked at me and put his pointer finger over his mouth to tell me to be quiet. We waited a few seconds, then Harry came out, with a box.

I looked at Zayn, and he moved his hand slowly. I mouthed to him, what's that?

He looked at the box in Harrys hand, then looked back at me. He mouthed 'vervain'. I looked at Harry as he opened the box. "So you don't trust me Lou, fine. Ill show you. You really piss me off sometimes," Harry said to himself quietly. I gasped a little, and then Zayn covered my mouth again. Harry looked away from the box, "who said that?"

We hid behind the corner again and Zayn held me close to him. I closed my eyes hoping Harry wouldn't hear us.

I could hear Harry close the box. "Who's there?" Harry asked. I opened my eyes and looked up at Zayn. He shook his head and but his finger over his mouth "shh." Harry put the box down and walked closer to where we were. "I know you're there" he said. Now I was getting really scared. I don't exactly know why I was so scared, after all if Harry saw us Zayn would protect me. Maybe I'm just that scared of Harry. Or maybe I'm scared of vampires and I forgot Zayn was one, whatever. The point is, im scared.

I could hear Harry's footsteps creep down the hall. Zayn and I backed up further down the hallway we were standing in. Harry kept getting closer. Then Zayn grabbed me and held me really close to him, his grip was tight. I hugged him and didn't let him go. I trusted Zayn. Harry finally reached the corner, and he turned. He was standing there, facing the exact spot we were standing in, but this time, me and Zayn weren't there. Harry shrugged and walked back to Nialls bedroom and picked up the box. Then he walked away. I could hear him whistling back up the stairs.

I saw the hole thing, but Harry never saw me or Zayn. Zayn grabbed me right before Harry got to the corner and jumped vamp speed. We were on the ceiling the whole time. I'm kinda scared of heights, especially being on the ceiling, so Zayn covered my mouth so I wouldn't scream.

Zayn jumped down and put the both of us back on the ground. He peaked his head out the corner first, then once he knew it was safe, he turned to me. "Ok he's gone" he said.

"Zayn, why did Harry have that vervain?" I asked. He shrugged, "I don't know, but I wanna find out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N yay finally finished with this chapter. Ill start the next one soon. Sorry if it takes a little bit. Hope u like the book. Comment/fan/vote