Lost Love

Emily POV

I was laying down in the hospital bed waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me something, anything. And find out if Clay was still alive. Who got shot? This was killing me just sitting here.

I heard footsteps from down the hall and Aaron showed up at my door. I didn't know what to tell him or where to start. I had no idea if he knew what was going on.

He looked teary eyed and came close to me. He kissed the top of my head. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Ok, I guess. Whats going on Aaron. Your scaring me."

"Blake and Morgan were shot. And Matthews is dead, Clay killed him."

"No." I put my head down. This is all my fault. "Are they ok?"

"They're fine now. But, Emily-"

"No. I need to tell you something." He looked pained. He knew. "You know, don't you?"

"Yes. Your mom gave me the letter."

"Aaron," I said grabbing his hand. "I am so sorry I put you through this. I didn't want you to know about what happened to me. What I went through. I was ashamed and confused. I am so sorry."

"Emily, its ok. But I do need to tell you something important."

"What is it?" I was confused. He squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead.

"Do you remember, when we spent the night together in the hotel room. I was drunk, and we had sex."

"Yeah, I remember. I told you that we shouldn't have done that because we were getting a divorce. I am so sorry I hurt you Aaron. Will you please forgive me?" I asked grabbing his hand and kissing it.

Hotch POV

She thought I was still mad about her telling me what we had done was wrong. She is making this harder for me to tell her about, our baby. I couldn't keep holding it in, it was going to break her heart.

"Baby, i'm not mad about that. It's just, there's something important that you need to know. But I need to tell you right now, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know. So please don't blame yourself."

She looked at me with confusion. "Aaron, I don't understand."

"When you got shot, the doctor said........Emily, you were pregnant."

She put my hand down and her eyes turned red. "What?"

"Baby, I am so sorry."

Emily POV

"Oh my God." I looked up at him, he had to be lying. This had to be some cruel joke. He was as serious as ever. No! I put my hand to my stomach. "No!" I yelled. I started crying and pulling my hair. What the hell did I do? I fuck everything up. The baby didn't deserve this.

"Emily, Stop!" Yelled Aaron. He grabbed my hands from my face and hugged me. I fell apart in his arms.

"What did I do?" I cried. He kissed my forehead.

"We will get through this, I promise."

Elizabeth Prentiss POV

I was talking to a nurse when I heard Emily yell No. I knew Aaron had told her. I went to her room, she was crying in Aaron's arms saying it was her fault. She looked up when I walked in. Her eyes were red and she looked like a mess. I hated seeing my daughter like this, so hurt, broken.

FLASHBACK TO 10 YEARS AGO

I had just flown in from DC. Clay had called me and told me Emily was doing worse. She was drinking all the time, and stopped going to her therapy sessions.