Chapter 41 - Race.

Start from the beginning

Chresanto sighed and placed his keys inside of the ignition. Suddenly, he started to shake his leg as he placed his head in his arms and bawled his eyes out on the steering wheel. Mrs. Miner leaned over in the passenger seat and started rubbing his back for comfort.

"There, there." Mrs. Miner said in a low tone, still rubbing his back.

"My son has never said some shit like that to me!" Chresanto shouted as he threw his arm and looked at Mrs. Miner with his teary eyes. "I love that boy with all I got! You don't know how bad that shit hurts!"

"Chres, he didn't mean it."

"Doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt. I'm his father!" Chresanto shouted as he placed his arms on the steering wheel and laid his head back into his arms. "I don't think that I can take this shit any longer, man."

"Don't be thinking suicidal, Chres." Mrs. Miner said. "And you don't think you can take what any longer?"

"This running away shit, hiding my identity shit, lying to my son shit, all of it....." Chresanto sighed. "I'm just ready to get across this border, man."

"Well, we keep on stopping in Wichita." Mrs. Miner laughed. "We need to get everything and get out of here."

"Yeah....." Chresanto sighed as he stood up out of his seats. "Say man, you can drive. I need some rest...."

Mrs. Miner sat back in the drivers seat and started up the car. But before she could drive, Jacob walked into the driving area and sat down next to Mrs. Miner.

"Mrs. Miner......" Jacob said in a low and depressed tone.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Can you stop by my old mental home since its in the Wichita area?" Jacob asked.

"Why, son?" Mrs. Miner asked.

"I'm feeling kind out left out here..." Jacob said in a low tone. "Like, none of us are connecting like I would want us to. The vibe isn't like our old mental home.....I think that monsters are taking over the campers..."

"Well, what makes you want to visit your old mental home because of that?" Mrs. Miner asked.

"I wanted to pick up my friend so that I can have one here..." Jacob said in a low tone. "I already called her and asked if she wanted to escape the border with us, and she agreed."

"Jacob, why would you do that?" Mrs. Miner barked as she looked at him. "Do you know how risky that is?!"

"She's not gonna tell, Mrs. Miner.." Jacob said in a low tone.

"That doesn't matter, Jacob!" Mrs. Miner shouted. "We're on the run for multiple crimes! Anybody can catch us if you do things like that!"

Jacob lowered his head down in fear and embarrassment.

"I'm sorry......" Jacob said in a low tone.

"We're close to the Wichita area, so I'll go grab her." Mrs. Miner sighed. "Just tell me where it's at."

Mrs. Miner drove out to the mental home area and allowed Jacob to tell her where it was. 40 minutes later, they arrived at Jacob's old home. Knowing that this was the time that everyone was eating lunch, he would be able to pick Meghan up. Meghan signed and forged her mothers signature for the sign out sheet for the weekend, then walked out with Jacob. What the nurses didn't know, is that the nurses put a 'missing persons' out for Jacob, Rayan, Babydoll, and Bahja when they were "supposedly" kidnapped.

Meghan stepped onto the trailer as Mrs. Miner drove back off into the city. When she walked in, the smile on her face shifted into a blank stare as she glanced at everyone. Jacob let go of her hand and looked at his friends.