Chapter 2

My Mom let me stay home the next day to tag along with her and Alexis. We got lunch, went shopping and went to Starbucks and talked about a lot upcoming things and the Annual Lindsey Tomlinson Memorial/Remembrance. It was nice, but all I had on my mind was Louis. I wanted to ask Alexis so many questions; I just didn’t know how to even bring it up. I talked to my mom about everything and she told me ask whatever I was Alexis won’t be angry at all. She must have known something was on my mind, before I couldn’t utter a word she brought it up.

“Are you okay sweetie, with Louis being back. Mom told me what happened, and I’m so sorry. He just showed up at the house last week and said Mom Dad, I’m home for good and I start student teaching on Monday morning. We were both taken back because we haven’t seen him. He never came home for breaks, and then boom he’s back. We were so happy to see him, he’s grown up, and he’s so handsome. He looks just like Rick did when he was 23” she said nudging my mom.  

“Yeah, I mean it was a lot to take in. I wasn’t expecting that on a Monday morning and in first period, I said laughing. He didn’t seem to recognize me though…”I said shyly sipping my Frappuccino

“Oh please, Tessa you’re a drop dead gorgeous young women now. He hasn’t seen you since you were 13, why don’t you stay after class and talk to him?”

‘NO, no way, I can’t. What would I say. Heyyyy Lou, remember me I was your dead sisters annoying best friend? Oh right you don’t know me because you weren’t there for her.”

“TESSA” my mother yelled. That was uncalled for don’t you think?” her eyes widen in shock over my last statement.

Alexis looked at me and pulled me in closer; she hugged me and said “I know, I understand your feelings trust me. Rick and I haven’t even gotten that far with him yet. We are not looking forward to bringing Lindsey up to him.

Oddly enough Alexis understood me like she always did. She knew I always had a way of expressing my feelings different than most people. I spoke the truth.

All of a sudden both my mom and Alexis started cackling like to hyenas. I was so embarrassed because everyone was looking at us. “What the hell could you two be laughing at so hard” I said giggling with them.

“So honey, have you seen Harrrryyyyy yet” they both said in unison like they goddamn rehearsed this conversation before we came here. “We know how much you and Lindsey loOoOved him” they said like a 12 year old makes fun of someone for liking a boy for the first time, when the tone of their voices go up and down.

“No, Nicole told me he’s back for good too though. I’m sure ill bump into him sooner or later.”

I’m hoping for the later because if he was that hot when we were little god only knows what he looks like now. I mean Louis is a god. His crystal blue eyes matched Lindsey’s to a tee. Perfect smile, complexion, hair slicked back. I don’t know how I’m going to survive first period for the next 15 weeks with him looking at me and just thinking I’m a another high school senior.

“Well, you will definitely see them both at the memorial next weekend” Alexis said to me

“They are actually performing too with a few of their friends” my mom said

“Like what type of performing?” I asked afraid to know the answer

“Singing, they wrote a song just for Lindsey, Louis apparently did a lot of writing to get how he was feeling out of his system” Alexis said.

***

The next few days went by so slow, probably because Saturday was the Memorial. We always did it earlier than the actual date of her death. So that on May 21st we could all bring the money we raised to Sloan Kettering in the city for children’s cancer research. We have donated close to a half million in the past 4 years. We’re hoping to get a lot of money this year as well.