Chapter 1

It was Monday morning and all I heard was the obnoxious sound of my alarm blasting in my ear. I turned over and saw it was 6:50 and I had 15 minutes to get ready for school before I had to start walking. I turned on my TV, and I through my pillow at it when 87 degrees popped up. It’s March, why the fuck was it 87 degrees. Looks like I’m not doing my hair today, I through on a pair of white shorts and my black Ramones t-shirt with black toms. I put my hair in a messy bun put on some make-up and tried not to look at myself in the mirror before going into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I went downstairs and I reached for my phone, I had a text.

From Nicole: I’m picking you up, be ready in 5 bitch J

From Tessa: Yesssssssssssssssssssss thank god you have a car, it’s too hot to walk, I would probably shrivel up and die before I got to school.

From Nicole: Always a drama queen lol love you!

I heard the horn beep like 20 times, the music was blasting and it was only 7am. Such a great way to start my day. She pulled up in her brand new BMW she got for her 18th birthday last week. She was the only person I’ve opened up to since Lindsey died. We were both friends with Lindsey when we were younger, and after her passing it pushed us closer together. I ran outside and got in the car and we got to school as the bell was ringing.

“Fuck Nic, were always late for first period” I said laughing

“Yeah they should know us by now, its senior year and we can give two shits about school” she said as we closed our lockers and went to class.

“One day they will make it illegal to force senior’s to have a 1st period class” I screamed down the hallway before I walked into class.

I did my usual walk in the back of the room, and say my good morning to Mr. Stein. But this time it was different. As I walked in, there was a guy standing in front of the room.

“Alight ladies and gents, we have a student teacher from now until June1st. He will be here for 15 weeks learning the ropes from me. I expect you give him the same respect you give to me, and he will be just fine. In a few days he will be teaching the class for half the period and eventually full periods a few days a week, so whatever his rules are we listen understood? Ah my best student, late as usual how are we this morning Miss. LoCasta, have our morning coffee yet? (the class started laughing) Anyways our new soon to be teacher’s name is Mr. Tomlinson. Yes ladies, he is young BUT it doesn’t mean you try and flirt with him GOT IT!” He wasn’t too great at making jokes, but everyone loved him

I was about to make my usual snarky comment but when I walked in and heard Mr. Stein say Mr. Tomlinson, I picked my head up slowly, and our eyes met. “Oh fuck, Its Louis” I said under my breath. I was frozen, I couldn’t move, all I was doing was staring at Louis. I was making it very awkward for everyone, Jesus Christ someone say something and pull me out of this.

“Tessa, are you okay?? You look like you’ve seen a ghost” Mr. Stein said to me waving his hands in front of my face

I couldn’t even reply, I just kept staring and all of a sudden a flood of emotions came over me, I dropped my books my papers sprawled out all over the floor in front of the room. My eyes started to fill up and I could feel my face ready to break at any moment. Panic set in, I started to get really hot, and my heart was racing, I couldn’t keep up with my breathing, what was happening to me. I haven’t felt like this since the day Lindsey died. My hand went over my mouth and next thing I knew I was waking up in the nurse’s office and Nicole was waving a folder on my face to try and wake me up.

I sat up and started hysterically crying in Nicole’s arms.

“I know, I know it will be okay, this is hard for all of us Tess” she said almost in a whisper