Chapter Four: Unexplainable Things

Comenzar desde el principio

I got out my phone and plugged in my earphones. I got onto my music and started playing my favorite playlist. Once it started, I couldn't stop myself from falling asleep.

I woke up in my bed which surprised me, seeing that I fell asleep against a tree. I traveled about ten plus miles while sleeping, such a shocker.

I sat up and found me in just my tank top and underwear. So I also took my clothes off. I shook my head, trying to see but realized I took my glasses off. I started to try to look for them but something handed them to me.

I put my glasses on and blinked a few times, adjusting to the lighting. I grabbed two hair elastics and fixed my hair into a bun. I looked up and found Liam on the end of my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he smiled.

"A few friends and I found you near the lake house. The party ended pretty suddenly, someone found a dead body. I got you back here and texted Jordan that you had gotten a ride home with me before he saw you asleep." He explained and I listened.

"How am I out of my clothes?" I asked and he smiled a bit. "You did it didn't you? You little-"

"Kira, the girl who drove us back here, changed you." He said and I sighed in relief. "Jordan isn't back home yet, do you want something to eat?"

"I can take care of myself, I didn't get drunk or high while I was there." I said and crawled out of bed. I walked out of my room and started to walk over to the stairs when I slipped again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked as he helped me up.

"I'm okay, this floor," I stomped on the floor. "Just hasn't like me. This is my third time since the power outage." I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen.

I grabbed a box of cereal and the jug of milk. I poured the cereal into the bowl and put the box back on the fridge. I turned back and found milk already in my bowl. I turned around to see Liam putting the milk back in the fridge. I smiled as he turned around and grabbed myself a spoon.

I sat at the table with cereal and watched him sit down across from me. He watched my take my first bite of cereal and once I swallowed, I gave him a questioning look.

"You can get something to eat if you want." I offered and he went over and made himself a bowl of cereal.

We sat in silence and ate our cereal. I washed as Jordan pulled up. He came in, waved, and then went straight upstairs. He was out all night working at the station. I finished my cereal around the same time Liam did.

"Do you want to go play video games with Mason and I?" He asked while getting ready to leave.

"Sure." I said and went upstairs, changing into different clothes. I followed him over to his house and we went straight upstairs. Mason arrived shortly after.

"Do you want to play with us or just watch?" Liam asked while grabbing controllers.

"I'll watch." I said while sliding down the bed.

Mason and Liam sat with me in the middle. I watched Liam kick Mason's butt and the faces Mason made in response were hilarious. After a while, Mason paused the game and walked over to the stack of games. He grabbed a stack of games.

"I'm going to be able to beat you at one of these." He declared and switched games.

"I'm going to get going." I said, getting up as Mason switched games for the tenth time. "I'll see you two tomorrow." I said and left. As I walked down the stairs, I heard goodbyes.

I made my way up to my room and fell into my bed. I looked out my window and saw Mason get beat again. I knew because I had seen his losing face about a million times today. It was pretty dark so they would probably stop soon.

I changed out of my clothes and made my way to my desk. I turned on my television and started watching the news. Apparently there have been more killings than just the one. I listened to the news report while finding the picture one my phone.

I found the picture and noticed something right away. There was a slight orange tint to one of the people in the picture. I stared at the picture and cleaned my glasses, but I wasn't seeing things.

I flipped through the other pictures I made and that tint was still there, moving with the person. I turned my computer on and uploaded the pictures to my computer.

I chose the clearest one and started to zoom in onto the aura. As I got closer, what seemed like an orange fox surrounded a girl.

I started to reimagine that night. The two people that ran out the window first were too big to me girls. Then it clicked.

Kira wasn't human.

�Q�4ŷL