Chapter 21: I Wanted Coffee, I Get Niall Horan

Start from the beginning

"No. I never requested for a new roommate. Why would I ask for a new one when the year is almost over? And I'm best fiends with Josie," I state. "Or used to be at least." Mrs. Yule shrugs her shoulders and turns to look at her computer, clearly finished with this conversation. I walk out the door and over to my car.

I get in and decide to call Josie.

Ring.

Ring..

Ring...

"Hi! This is Josie Hughes. Sorry I can't pick up the phone, but if you leave a message for me I promise I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Okay, love ya!" Josie's voicemail says. I sigh and hang up before the beep goes off.

I start my car and drive down to the Campus Starbucks. I grab my backpack and walk in. I see John, a cashier I know, and nod. He smiles and starts fixing my usual. I sit down in the back, and I start my computer. John comes up to me, and he hands me the tea cup and scone. I smile at him and hand him my money.

"So, I couldn't help but notice the distressed look on your face," John says, sitting down across me. I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah. I just found out that I have to have a certain number of intern hours to get in the early admissions class," I say. I take a sip of the warm tea. I look at John, and he is staring at the wall.

"Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out," John says, standing up. "While you worry about your college life, I have to worry about serving people their correct order." I laugh a little at this. He's such a dork, I think. I watch as John goes back behind the counter. I sigh and turn my attention to my laptop.

I search a whole bunch of sites, but all the places have either certain requirements or are already closed for intern applications. I want to scream, but I'm in public and know that that is not a wise thing to do when you are surrounded by people. I slam my computer closed, and I glare at the untouched scone. I sigh and pull out my notebook. I start to doodle around it when someone's shadow falls over my paper. I look up and see Niall standing in front of me.

"Hey, Tara," Niall says in his cute accent. I smile up at him. I start packing my things up.

"Hi, Niall," I say, shoving my notebook in my backpack. I stand up, and Niall gives me a quick hug. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Actually, I didn't. I was just gonna get a coffee, but I saw you here and decided why wait?" Niall explains. I nod my head.

"Huh," I say, not really sure how to respond.

"Shall we go?" Niall asks, pointing behind his back towards the door. I nod my head, and we head to the front. Niall opens the door, and the little bell goes off.

"Bye, Tara!" John yells from the front. I turn and wave before exiting the building.

Niall and I walk down the street and make small talk. Really just talking about the nice weather and things like that. I push my bag higher up my shoulder and a soft grunt escapes my lips. Niall looks over at me and stops. I stop with him, turning in a circle to see why we stopped.

"Here, let me help you," Niall says, reaching for my backpack. I shake my head.

"No. It's okay. Really," I say. Niall doesn't believe me.

"Give it," Niall says, more serious this time. I roll my eyes and shake my head. He tries to grab it again, but I jump back. He gives me a playful look. I smile evilly and run away. I hear Niall chasing after me. I stop at a crossroad. I look both ways, and I dash forward. Before I go too far, someone yanks me back. I fall back into a pair of strong arms and look as a huge truck zooms passed us.

"Damn, Tara!" Niall whispers in my ear, holding me close to his chest. I stand there, shock filling my blood as I realize I could've died right there. I start to shake a little, and Niall holds me even closer. Niall loosens his grip on me, and I turn around to look at his blue eyes.

"T-t-thanks," I say, wiggling my way out of his arms around me. I look down as I realize that Niall is probably thinking how ugly I am. I mean, he saved my life, but that doesn't mean he's not thinking how ugly and stupid I am. Stupid, I think, Stupid girl for thinking there's a possibility for you and him. Plus! You have a boyfriend! I mentally kick myself. Niall gives me a questioning look, and I just look down at the ground.

"Well, um, we should probably get something to eat," Niall says. I laugh at his comment, remembering that he's the one who loves food. I walk towards the backpack I had somehow lost, but Niall picks it up before I can. I give him my give-it-back look, but he smiles and starts walking. I sigh, smiling to myself.

"You coming?" Niall yells, walking backwards. I nod my head and run after him.

A/N:

Heylo! Okay, this is sort of a filler but not as much as the last chapter. I'm sorry I updated later than usual. I just lost track of time and didn't realize it was so late.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Well, that's it. Love ya!