chapter 23

Liam's POV

"I warned you about splashing me Li!" Zayn laughed, attempting to march over to me in the water. I dived to the left and attempted to swim away from him, which ended up being pretty easy considering Zayn can't swim and practically hates the water. He let out a little shriek and grabbed the pool ledge, pouting slightly at me.

"That's not fair, you know I can't swim and you swam too far." I rolled my eyes at him and swam back over to him, smiling apologetically.

"Sorry Z, I just didn't want you to dunk me." He reached his arms out and grabbed me, pulling me towards him. I floated in front of him, causing him to smile widely and lightly stroke my cheek.

"I'd never do anything like that Li, I don't want you to be afraid of me." I looked away from him awkwardly, this wasn't the place to be having these kinds of conversations.

"Li, look at me." I turned to him and he laced one of our hands together,

"Can we not do this here Zayn, please?" I asked, trying to remove my hand but completely failing.

"I just want you to trust me." I nodded and he released my hand, moving closer to me in the water.

"Can you take me towards the deeper end?" I widened my eyes at him and looked at the water behind us,

"But you can't swim." He shrugged and had a quick glance at the water.

"I trust you to take care of me though." I sighed in defeat and nodded, leading the way. As we grew closer to the deeper end, I felt Zayn's muscular arms wrap around me. I continued to swim forward, slowing my pace as the water rose around us. I peered over my shoulder at Zayn,

"Are you sure you're okay?" He nodded and we floated further into the water, Zayn's grip tightened on me and I squeezed his thigh in reassurance. When we stopped moving he slithered round in front of me and wrapped his legs around my waist for security, I held onto him and smiled widely.

"You're doing it Z, you're in the deep end." He bit his lip and sighed.

"I'm in it a lot more than you think..." I tilted my head slightly,

"What?" He stayed silent and looked at me, smiling widely.

"You're so beautiful Li," My cheeks heated up and my eyes widened as Zayn leant in to kiss me, I felt a light brush on my lips before I pulled away, shaking my head.

"Please don't..." I mumbled, he ran his hand through my hair and leant his head on my shoulder. Kissing my neck softly, causing me to squirm a little beneath him.

"I'm sorry, I just - you're just - you're just so beautiful Liam. I can't help it when you're there in front of me, being all cute and smiley." I so badly wanted to shove him off me and shout how this wasn't fair on Niall, but there was another part of me that wanted to run my fingers through his hair and kiss him like mad. I was craving human contact and my boyfriend wasn't going to give it to me, I knew Zayn would though.

"What is it you want from me Zayn?" He lightly stroked my arm,

"Let's not discuss it here, we'll grab some food and go to a little river I know of. It'll be more private there." I nodded and led him back to the shallow end, climbing out of the water and leaving to get changed.

-

An hour later and Zayn had gotten a picnic together and was now leading me to the river he was talking about, every now again he would brush our hands together and smile, but I didn't react. We turned a final corner and began walking down a pretty quiet path, I could hear the sound of the river flowing however, alerting me that we were close by. Zayn placed his hand on my lower back and led me off the pathway and through a small gap, I smiled at the sight of the river, it was calming and peaceful.

Zayn set down a blanket and put the food aside, patting the blanket next to him. I sat down and lay flat, resting one hand behind my head and the other on my stomach. I felt a warmth next to me and let out a deep breath as Zayn lay down, tangling my legs with his. He propped himself up on his side and stared at me, I peered over at him.

"Do you want me to answer that question now?" I nodded and he cleared his throat,

"I will, just don't get mad because you might not hear what you want to." I nodded and knocked our knees together, beckoning him to go on.

"Well you already know that I like you, and it's getting really hard to control myself around you. Every second with you makes me feel like i'm on top of the world, I giggle so much like a little school girl and my heart flips every time we make eye contact. I have to resist the temptation to kiss you because I don't want to scare you or make you feel uncomfortable, but it doesn't stop me wanting to do it so bad. Each time you say my name I honestly feel like it's going to be the last because I know that Niall isn't happy about us hanging out, he's well aware that I'm head over heels for you and I know that you're his boyfriend, but that's not what I want. I want you to be my boyfriend and let me be the one that stays up until early hours of the morning, messaging you and calling you cute things. I want to show you off to the rest of the world and remind you that you're beautiful every single day, but I can't and it hurts. I want you so bad Li, but you're not mine." I rolled onto my side and looked at him, taking his hand in mine.

"I never knew you felt like that, but it's not fair on Niall. He's doing so much for me and I don't want to hurt him." He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed them softly,

"There's something I can suggest, you may not like it and you may hate me for it, but it's just a suggestion." I nodded as he continued,

"This, here, right now could become something. We could either lie here and just talk, or we could do something a little more intimate. I so badly want to kiss you and show you how much you mean to me, but im willing to control myself for your comfort." My mind began whizzing, I didn't know what I wanted. The thought of Zayn showing me how much I meant made my heart flutter a little, but I didn't want to hurt Niall more than I already have.

"How intimate are we talking?" I whispered, not wanting to break the tension.

"As intimate as you want it to be, sexual or cute. I'm up for either and I promise, no words will be spoken to Niall."

-----
OMG OKAY SORRY
I know you probably hate me for how long it's taken to update but ive had such a bad writers block (sorry!)

Questions:
- what decision should liam make? intimate/sexual/none
- do you guys wanna see smut in the next chapter?;)
-ziam or niam?