"Today you're driving the Veyron and we're racing-my McLaren is on its way." He tossed me the keys.

"Afterwards we're going to a game and then I'll get you home." He walked to the pit where his McLaren Spyder was just coming in.

We suited up and soon we got in the blocks.

The feeling of being free was pulse quickening. After the tenth lap, Aiden burst a tire because he was gunning it and it was either that or he would've lost complete control. He gained control and pulled into the pit with smoke everywhere, he slammed the door opened and threw his helmet on the ground. I pulled in behind him.

"Damn" I muttered when I saw the tire, they don't come cheap. I pulled my helmet off and followed him to the lockers. He was standing there hitting the steel locker door over and over again. I pulled him back harshly.

"Just fucking stop!" I yelled, he stood up and looked at me, his expression darkened.

"I lost her."

"Come on." I dragged him by the sleeve to the dressing room to redress into what we arrived in. We need booze. I drove the Veyron to the closest bar, ordered us a pint of everything and we drank. After a while, Aiden started laughing and talking. Eventually, we were singing an old song, everybody in the bar that was drunk enough joined in. We watched the game that we had tickets to on the television in the bar.

At midnight we took a taxi and Aiden drunkenly called the manager of the garage to pick up his beauty because it was a few million that he didn't want to leave there. I opened the door, swinging back and forth and when it opened I fell in. Aiden laughed and climbed over me slumping down on the couch and then he was out cold.

I stood up and closed the door trying to climb stairs. Have you ever seen someone drunk trying to climb stairs? For the drunk person it is tricky and for the person who's watching it is hilarious. As soon as I crawled on my bed I fell asleep and my last thought was.

"Bloody bourbon."

The most awful noise ever came from my pocket the next morning. I rolled around and tried to grab whatever it was and felt my phone in my pocket. Didn't I change last night? I'm guessing not as I looked down at my blue button-down shirt and my black jeans that were crumpled.

I finally found my phone and I answered in an unexpected gruff voice.

"Gabriele speaking."

"It's Tristen. I tried to call Heather but she didn't answer. Do you know where she is?" Tristen didn't organize the bachelorette, her friends did so I had no clue.

"No, I'll try and reach her. I'll call you as soon as I know." I quickly took a shower and jogged downstairs where I found Aiden soundly asleep. I didn't even bother with him and drove to Heather's apartment.

I knocked several times but she wasn't there, I called her phone but as expected she didn't answer. I tried to stay calm, but panic was building inside me. I called her mother and she picked up.

"Hi, Gabriele I'm thankful that you called, I've been trying since this morning to reach you." This morning I had a rather blunt hangover but the panic and fear washed it away.

"Why? What's wrong? Where is Heather?" 

"She just felt a little faint so we're at the hospital."

"Okay, I'm coming." I hung up and rushed to the hospital. I hope she's okay. She mentioned she still had the flu when she came back from Baltimore.

I got to the hospital in record time and looked like a mad man as I ran into the hospital and tried to find her room. I got into the room and saw Heather, she looked pale.

I stood beside her bed and kissed her cheek.

"My love, are you okay?"

"I just felt faint and called my mother then I fainted." She was sick for a while after returning home, she said it was a stomach bug but she threw up a lot. I begged her to go to the hospital but she was stubborn and insisted that taking some antibiotics would help.

"What did the doctor say?"

"He said he'll have the test results after lunch and then he'll discharge me- he said I was most likely not eating enough yesterday." I stroked her hair and contemplated if we should push the wedding back a few weeks.

At midday, the doctor came in and strangely enough he had a smile on his face.

"The test results came back and it seems like it wasn't a stomach bug but rather a baby. You've been pregnant for about four weeks and because of the baby beginning to develop a lot of the nutrients in your food is being absorbed by the fetus so you've been eating for one and you didn't get enough in for two."

My eyes widened and I looked at Heather.

"I'm pregnant?"

"You're pregnant!" I exclaimed exactly when she did. I can't believe it that I'm becoming a father again.

"I'm putting you on a drip and prescribing some vitamins for you then you can go."

She looked at me and bit her lip, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What's wrong?"I wiped the tears off her cheek.

"We're having a baby? A baby?" She smiled and laughed.

"I'm just as shocked as you are ." I couldn't help but feel the relief flowing through me. She isn't sick.

I called my mother as soon as I found out and Heather told her mother, who called Tristan and soon enough the bed was crowded with family.

All Tristen said before he left to Heather was "Told you, I know a pregnant lady when I see one."

Later that afternoon she was discharged and I insisted that she stay with me even though it breaks tradition. She's going to dress in her apartment and the wedding dress will be a surprise to me. Luca whined about staying with his grandfather when I called to pick him up so I let him be. 

I entered the house helping Heather in. Aiden wasn't anywhere but I found a note.

"Going to find Amy" Amy was his submissive.

I smiled, that's how I knew Aiden. He fights for what he wants.

I made dinner for Heather and every time I looked at her I beamed.

"Could you stop looking at me so strangely?" She murmured as she ate.

"I can't help it, I love you so much and we're having a baby, tomorrow you're Mrs.Armanto. I never thought I'd say those words again." I kissed her on the forehead as I placed our plates in the sink.

As I laid next to her I rested my hand on her stomach, I wrapped her closer. My love and my child. Perhaps this was the silver lining to all the pain we had endured to get here.