Chapter 5

It was Tuesday,still summer break.
The rain that came smashing on the roof woke me up.
I was so tired and could honestly sleep til I die,but there was so much exploring to do and I will probably spend the whole day packing up my stuff.
I slowly opened my eyes and managed to get up,I went downstairs to make some green tea.
Dad and Doris where still asleep.
While the tea water was heating I walked around the house and was amazed,this house is nothing for a person like me.
I'm hoping everything will be alright and just forget the mess that happened in Atlanta.

The sound from the tea water made me jump and I took a breath,my real mum (not Doris) used to be clumsy and easily scared,I guess I got that from her.
I really miss her,she killed herself at home,I was seven,she had mental health issues and my dad tried to help her but it was to late.
"Morning Sweetcorn!" Dad joined me in the kitchen and kissed my forehead.
I gave him a smile and went to sit by the fireplace.
"So how do you feel?"dad asked me while taking a sip of his coffee.
"What do you mean?" I said,continuing looking at the fire.
We both got interrupted by Doris walking in and looked happier than ever.
She started snogging dad and I got disgusted so I quickly took my tea and ran up to my room.
"Ugh" I mumbled.
I drank my tea and fixed myself for the day,nothing special,I braided loosely my thick curly hazel brown/red hair,put on some blue regular jeans,a loose top and a black oversized hoodie on top.
"Amber!!" I heard downstairs,it was dad.
I went downstairs and dad stood by the door with Doris;
"We're driving all the way to Dublin to get our moving boxes so we will probably be gone the whole day"dad said.
"Oh and we left you some money and keys if you want to go out to town,take care!"Doris quickly added and the car disappeared in a second behind all the trees.

The clock was 11:04 and almost lunchtime.
My stomach growled and I went to check the fridge,empty.
I decided I could go grocery shopping,so I grabbed my phone,money and locked the door with the keys.
"Okay Amber,let's not get lost"I sighned.