Meeting Him

29th March 2041

Emerson's POV

"Come on Emerson! One night out is not going to kill you, you know." my best mate, Harley whined. He has been pestering me for the last two hours to go out tonight, and he is so close to getting my fist jammed down his throat. I don't really feel like it and I was hoping for a quite night. At this rate, that is not going to happen because knowing Harley, he'd drag me out by the hair screaming.

I lifted my head up from the bonnet of the car I had my head under and looked at him. He was leaning up against the side of the car, giving me his best pouting face. It would also be nice if he was helping me and not just standing there. We are meant to have this car fixed up by the end of the day and right now, I don't see that happening. Harley and I first met when I started working here as a mechanic, six years ago. And we hit it off really well since then and now, he's just like another brother to me. I just wish he'd help me out, instead of pretending he's cleaning some tools.

"You're not going to shut up, are you?" I sighed tiredly, I reached over for the rag I had laying on top of the engine and wiped my hands.

"Nope, and who knows, you might find a hot guy to take home." I rolled my eyes and shook my head at his crazy words. I'm so getting annoyed with him trying to get me to find someone. I'm happy and I'm not in any hurry.

"You don't want to be a thirty year old virgin, you will be thirty at the end of the year. I'm surprised that you've lasted this long without a bang. You need to go out there and finally fuck some ass." he did not just say that? I looked around the garage and he's very lucky that we were the only ones in here. I don't need the whole damn place knowing my sex life. More so to the fact that only a handful of people know that I'm gay, and those people are not my family. Just Harley, Robbie, Jeremy and Damon, all my closest friends from school and work, that know the truth. Not even my baby brother, Anderson, knows and as hard as it is in not saying anything to him, I'm just not ready. Telling my parents is so not happening anytime soon, I know that they'd definitely hate me.

"If I agree to go out, will you shut the fuck up and get back to work?" as soon as I said that, his eyes lit up and he did a happy dance around the garage. Seriously? Why am I friends with this weirdo?

"Fine, fine. Tonight's the night my little Emmyson gets his cherry popped." Harley sung as he kept dancing around, I let out a loud groan and ignored him. By four, the car was fixed and it's owner was finalising the account and it was home time. Harley had snuck out half hour before, said he had to go home and shower, then told me to hurry up and that we were leaving at six.. That gives me a hour and a bit to clean myself up. It's the worst part of my job, the dirty clothes and every inch of exposed skin is covered with dirt and oil.

"I don't know why you got to leave before me, you didn't get that dirty today. As I recall, I did most of the work." I grumbled as I walked into our apartment, Harley was already dressed and sitting on the couch drinking a beer. He looked up and smirked, sometimes I don't know how I can put up with living with him.

"I worked, had to come home and spruce myself up. I'm definitely finding some hot chick tonight." I let out a snort, typical Harley. Manwhore extraordinaire. I just hope he keeps it in his room, nothing worse than walking into the kitchen and finding him and some random going for it in the middle of the night. Maybe in my wildest dreams I will find someone and not have to endure another night of listening to Harley's grunts and groans all night.

"Whatever, I'm going to get ready." I said as I walked past him and headed towards the bathroom. When I had finished in the shower, it was almost tome to go, I could hear the others had arrived and getting pumped up for the night out. Searching through my wardrobe, I found a nice blue shirt and a pair of jeans, nothing that special, we are only going out for drinks.