Chapter Fourteen: The Chase.

~Ian's POV~

I didn't leave my room, not for two whole days. I would creep across the hall when Anthony was sleeping or out so that I could pee and stuff, but, other than that, I never left the isolation my room brought to me. 

I didn't sleep, either. I would catch myself dozing, but forced my eyes to stay open; even when they felt like they were being held down with weights. If I slept I would be dragged back into the torturous nightmares that plagued me. 

Anthony left food outside my door, where he knew I would see it at some point. But it went untouched, I wasn't hungry. 

It was two in the morning and I was unlocking my door, planning to go use the bathroom. But, as soon as I left the safety of my doorway, two arms snaked their way around my waist to pull me against a solid chest. 

I opened my mouth to scream, being quickly silenced by a hand that smothered it. "Ian, calm down. It's just me, it's Anthony."

I relaxed slightly, but not much. He dragged me down the hall to the living room, him walking backwards as I tried to dig my feet in to prevent us from moving. "Ian! Just, let me get you there.Then I'll explain," Anthony ordered, exasperated. 

I went limp in his hold, put into command by the authority his voice held. He plopped down on the couch, me between his legs on the cushion as he locked his arms tighter around my middle, successfully trapping me against him and keeping me from escaping. 

"Okay," he breathed out, "now, what's been going on with you?"

I shook my head, feeling my throat go dry. "I don't want to hurt you." My voice came out meek and small. 

He sighed heavily. "You didn't hurt me that much, and it was my own fault in the first place. See," he grabbed my hand in his, bringing my fingertips to brush against the burn on his chest, "it's not all that bad."

I kept my hand there, against his chest, as I focused hard. I know Melanie warned me not to, but I couldn't resist healing him when he was clearly lying about it not being bad. Anthony seemed stunned into silence as my hand glowed white, a gasp leaving his lips at the small pierce of pain that came with being healed. 

I felt my head start to get lighter, my eyes rolling backwards as I fell back against Anthony's chest. I  heard him curse before the world around me got dark as I was pulled into the dark confines of sleep.

I was in my room from when I lived with Master. I was hidden in the closet, my back pressed up against the wall as I listened for any signs of footsteps. 

I heard nothing after a few minutes. And, although I knew it wasn't a good idea, I left the closet anyway. I crept across the room, wincing when I stepped on a squeaky floorboard. No sounds were heard though, so I proceeded to make my way across the room cautiously. 

The door was already wide open, which should have been my first alarm bell. But, I was foolish. I walked out of the room, seeing a straight line from the hallway to the door that had no one blocking it.

I went to make a dash for it, just starting to ready myself to run, when I felt someone grab me by the back of my shirt. I was wrenched backwards, being pushed against the wall by a harsh shove. Anthony loomed above me, devious smirk on his face. One of his forearms was pressed across my chest, pinning me to it with ease. His other hand grabbed the back of my neck so that I couldn't look away, the grip so tight that it was near to being painful. 

"What's wrong Angel?" He murmured lowly."Afraid of the dark?" His eyes flickered to black pools, not a hint of brown remaining. 

I began to struggle in his firm grip, "you're not Anthony!" I yelled.