President Coriolanus Snow

"Hope is the only thing stronger than fear."
―President Snow to Gamemaker

President Coriolanus Snow was the ruthless and tyrannical president of Panem. He is the main antagonist of The Hunger Games series.

He threatened to kill Katniss Everdeen, Gale Hawthorne, Peeta Mellark, and their families. Two weeks after Haymitch Abernathy won the 50th Hunger Games, Snow murdered Haymitch's mother, younger brother, and girlfriend as punishment for the force field stunt because it made the Capitol look foolish. It is revealed by Finnick Odair that he poisoned his allies, as he believes that they would become future foes, but he had to drink the poison as well so that he wouldn't attract suspicion. Even though he took antidotes, the poison caused permanent sores inside his mouth that never healed. As a result, he always wears a genetically-engineered rose, which covers the scent of blood stained on his breath.

After the overthrow of the Capitol in Mockingjay, Snow is tried for, convicted and sentenced to death. As the Mockingjay, Katniss is given the opportunity to execute Snow. Snow laughs and grins at the irony and the thought of Prim's death: he and Katniss were being used as pawns. When Katniss is supposed to shoot him through the heart with an arrow, she instead assassinates President Coin because she thinks Coin is just as bad as President Snow (she was the one who came up with the idea for another Hunger Games).
Actor: Donald Sutherland