Chapter 12

12. I'm home mama
~~ Christopher Brown ~~

I knock on the door and wait. My mama opens the door hugging me tight.

" Chris baby " she nearly causes me to fall over.

" hey mama " she lets go allowing me to walk into the house. I sit down in the living room on the couch.

" how are you baby? I'm surprised ya came ta see me "

" mama I flew outchea especially for ya. I'm good how are you? "

" I'm great. Thank you Chris. Are you clean? "

" I'm clean mama. And I'm sober "

" damn you turned your life around since Rihanna left the picture. You did get rid of her right? "

" yeah I did. She won't that bad thou. She was a great girl but we dragged out the relationship I guess "

" alright baby let me go cook you something " she kisses my cheek as she walks into the kitchen.

" thank you ma"

The front door opens and I hear my little sisters voice. She walks into the living room; the moment she sees me she runs across the room and dives on me.

"Chill Bri "

"I haven't see you in ages and you gon sit there like that damn boy. Give me a hug " I smother her in a hug.

"I said give me a hug I didn't say kill me gahdamn fool" She sits beside me cross legged reminding me of Lia.

"Wassup? why you here though?"

" To see my family. I know I ain't been around for a while but I'm here now"

"thank you Chris. Mama missed you ain't fenna lie"

" I know she nearly knocked me over when I first came "

" We missed you man. Both of y'all don't come to visit. Ain't seen Drew in a minute either. When you leaving?"

" I missed y'all too. I go back Thursday"

"Nigga Thursday is tomorrow."

" I know but I got a whole lotta shit-"

"Watch your language boy" my mama yells from the kitchen. Hawk ears damn.

" I got stuff to do before I go to Chicago to do some stuff with Usher "

" How you been big bro?"

" I been itee. To be honest? Life is easier without Robyn being in the picture and having someone who cares in the picture " I close the door that leads to the kitchen.

" who is she? "

" my next door neighbor, we been kickin it fa a few months. Maybe 4 now?"

" when am I fenna meet her? "

" we not together. But I'm sticking to her ain't seein anybody else.  "

" you feeling some typa way huh? "

" shut up. But yes I am "

" what kinda girl is she? What's her name? "

" She works in daycare. She looks after baby drew. She's aspirin to be a model and she good at it. "

" her name? "

" Natalia Wright. " my sister stands up and rushes upstairs. She comes back holding two magazines "Love" and "Allure". She flicks through the pages and puts the magazines in front of me.

" yeah that's her " I say looking at her fine ass in the magazine. She should've been on the cover. My phone goes off.

Hey. Did you fly safe? - BabyG💍💘, 5:28pm

Yeah. With my sister. It's 21 questions rn bout you - Chris👑, 5:28pm

Aww you told her about me? I'm all alone😞- BabyG💍💘, 5:30pm

Yeah ofc - chris👑, 5:30pm

" is that her right now? "

" yeah she just got off work "

" what do you like about her?"

" that ain't non of your business "

"On the whole I like her. I wanna meet her "

" She pretty damn. You better not mess with her. I like her already"

" Why everybody saying that to me bout her? damn"

"Boy you know you trouble. Don't try and front" I laugh. I missed my sister definitely and her little ghetto ass qualities. I open the door again to let a breeze through.

"How you doing?"

"well I graduate this year so I gotta focus. No boys mama would stab them no lie."

" Did you just hear her knife get louder in the kitchen?" We both fall bout laughing at my mama's fooling ass.

" Well... If you graduate I will take you somewhere? Different state? Abroad? whatever you want"

" now I gotta pass. We definitely going to New York " I shrug because I honestly don't mind as long as she does good in school.

"I better get started on my homework then Chris"

" ite yungin" We both stand up. She heads upstairs but I go into the kitchen to help my mom. I've honestly missed my family and I'm glad they've missed me as well. Family forgive you and I really appreciate it. I was thinking of doing the same with my dad but he's too busy with his new girlfriend to give a damn. My mom flew out when I was in rehab to come and see me but my dad didn't even call or even text.

After dinner, I wash up with my sister. My mama ain't about that dishwasher life so we gotta do it hand.

"Chris" Briana says as she hands me a plate.

" yeah "

" wanna ask bout Natalia" Briana says.

" okay but don't push it you my lil sister itee? " she nods.

" why you just kickin it with her and not making it official with her? If you being faithful to her and if you think she bein faithful to you what's the problem with askin her out? you feelin some typa way and I think you should cuff her before she finds someone else to do it "

" I don't get why it's so important fa me ta cuff ha. She coo' with us juss chillin " When I'm annoyed my accent runs thick.

" how do you know she's cool with it?"

" The only thing she wasn't cool with I stopped doin fa ha' and she appreciate it. Neither of us in a rush " I state.

" All I'm say is cuff her. She too pretty to be waitin around" My sister is so honest it pisses me off.

" ite. But we ain't fenna see each other till Wednesday "

" Wednesday or Thursday make it happen Chris. I'm on yo ass "

" you ain't gon do shit "

" you don't want your Versace to get ruined " I glare at her and she smiles.

--

Chris' sister in the MM played by Yovanna Ventura