Chapter 4

4. New Beginnings.

I sit with Drew on the mat as usual.

" my daddy's famous " he says out of nowhere.

" really? What does he do? "

" he's a DJ! The best DJ ever. Him and my uncle Chris make music together and it's all like... " he starts making beats and it's the cutest thing ever. The reception phone rings.

" hello?"

" I can't make it for 6. Do you think you could drop him off at Chris' " it's Big Drew.

" um... Yeah sure "

" thank you so much Lia " I take Drew to my car and buckle him up. I get in the front seat.

" I like your car Ms.Lia "

" thank you Drew. " I drive to my condo complex. I get Drew out and we walk up to Chris' door. I knock and he yells "coming!!!!" We wait a little.

He comes to the door shirtless. He's well tatted across his chest and I never noticed that he had tattoo sleeves.

" Lia... Hey Drew "

" Did Drew not tell you? He said to drop this lil guy with you "

" oh that's cool."

~~ Christopher Brown ~~

"man where your daddy at?" I mumble. Drew is making me watching ninja turtles. Robyn comes into the room dressed.

"Drew what do you wanna eat?" she asks.

" who are you? " he asks looking her up and down.

" you don't remember auntie Rihanna?" she says. He shakes his head.

" His dad is probably fenna bring him a kids meal. Its all good don't worry bout it " I say. Drew turns back to the TV. She walks into the kitchen and begins cooking. There's a knock at the door. Aaron...

" Drew said to pick the lil nigga up after work. Drew I got you a happy meal "

" babe who's at the door? " Robyn says walking into the living room. Aaron takes a massive sigh.

" come on Drew we gotta go " he says growing impatient.

" oh hey Aaron how are you? " Drew rushes over to Aaron and walks out in front of him.

"I would... nope bye Robyn " he says before leaving. Lmao he tried to be nice but he really don't like her. She frowns a little hurt.

" what did you make?" I say trying to avoid it.

" I didn't know what to make so I made Tuna Pasta Bake and chicken "

" i don't like Tuna " Man that's what her pussy always smells like. A nigga never goes down on her.

" fine I'll make you some rice "

" don't add nothing to it " I say. She always tryna be fancy thinking that she's some next expert cook.

I grab my blunt and head to the balcony. I sit down on the chair when i smell some dope food. I look across and see Lia eating some food, I'm not fenna lie, it looks good. She sees me looking and gets up from her chair. She retreats back into her house with an annoyed expression on her face. Lighting my blunt, i take a huge draw from it. Life is fucked man.

" Chris are you gonna ignore me calling you?" I see Robyn holding my plate.

" didn't hear you calling " I mumble. I take it from her and sit back down. She comes out here with her plate. You see I love this girl maybe because we've been on and off since I was 16. But she wasn't my first love... I've never been in love before.

" what you thinking about? " she says.

" doesn't matter. It's cold out hea' go back inside babe " I say. She knows not to interrupt my thoughts because she can never do anything to actually help anymore. She huffs but obliges and goes inside.

On the other hand I feel bad for what I did. I should never have laid my hands on her.. She's a girl and she was going through shit but I didn't appreciate her taking it out on me. She's been by my side for the majority of my fame but sometimes I think too much of a good thing can be bad for you. I need to find a way to leave her.

"Chriss..." She says in a low voice. I turn around and see her in that sexy ass Lingerie of hers...

~~ Natalia Wright ~~

After work I make my way home. I stop by Walmart to buy my groceries leaving me with like $50 for the rest of the month.

When I get home, I cook up some jumbalaya using my mawmaw's recipe. Once I'm done I put the rest into a lunchbox.

While I'm eating a letter is slid through underneath my door. I finish eating before standing up to retrieve it.

" does your offer still stand? If it does. Come over, doors open - Chris " I change from my shorts into tracksuit bottoms. I take the box of jumbalaya.

I walk over to his condo. I open the door and this place has changed. The walls have gone from white to an art master piece.

" hey " I say causing him to turn around. He gestures for me to come in further. He's holding a spray can in his hand.

" I like this. Did you do all this? "

" yeah. I picked up the can and painted and I haven't gotten drunk since "

" this is good. I brought you food " I say waving the box.

" what is it? " he says not even looking my way.

" jumbalaya " he nods.

" are you fenna talk? " I ask not trying to sound rude. He nods. I sit cross legged beside him.

" wassup? " I say. He changes spray can to a different color.

" I just feel alone ya know? Me an' my mom had a disagreement. I'm not close to my dad especially since he's in tha middle of a divorce with my mom cause he had an affair. Ever since I came outta rehab for drugs I been drinking as an alternative "

" imma tell you what I think straight up ite? " I state. He nods. He grabs the food and begins eating.

" my mom had cancer and we had ta put our petty arguments aside. My dad died 7 years ago in a car accident. I was lucky enough ta say goodbye. And the alcohol you tryna go back ta rehab? "

" but it's not that simple. Half my family hate me because of things I've done when under tha influence "

" I know your family liking you is important but half the frickin world loves you Chris brown "

" you know who I am now? " he says with a grin showing his white teeth.

" kinda "

" you know when you thought somethin would fix all your problems but when you have it, it doesn't? "

" what's that? " I ask clueless.

" money. I have 5 cars and a jet. I have a mansion and this condo "

" you live in this condo because it's the cheapest thing you own. " he nods. I was fenna say aww but we not cool on that level.

"God wouldn't give you something you couldn't handle. You will get through this but there will be a few bumps along the way.God gave you an opportunity.. Your talented. This is your purpose but you gotta figure out how to do this music shit and keep yourself happy "

" thank you for that. "

" it's alright "

" do you wanna start over? " I nod.

" I'm Chris " he says making me laugh.

" I'm Natalia "