Chapter 4

I awoke confused and dazed. I tried to stand up but just fell right back down causing a sudden pain in my shoulder.

"What happened to me?" I asked my coach. She then realized that I actually had no clue and let a worried expression show on her face.

"Hey you! Yes you! Go get her some ice!" My coach yelled at a boy about my age with brown hair and a gorgeous smile.

The boy brought me the ice and I took it with relief trying to ease my pain. That's when my parents came to tell me they were taking me to the doctors to see if I had a concussion. I refused to go and wanted to do my part by going back out on the field. Although my parents did want me going back out, I left them with no choice as I ran back out.

The game ended and we won by 2. I was walking out to the parking lot to my car when I felt like I was going to be sick. I was glad I was one of the last people to leave so nobody saw me. I bent over and began to throw up. All of a sudden my hair was pulled out of my face and held back.

When I was done and felt better I looked up to see the same boy who brought me ice.

"Wow is this how you like girls? Throwing up in parking lots?" I joked.

"Exactly" he laughed. "My names Jack, Jack Gilinsky. I saw you earlier and class today and you didn't seem like you liked me."

"Honestly, I don't remember today" I said shyly and confused.

"That's not good and I don't think you should be driving home," he said with concern.

"Good thing I don't drive. I just don't want to drive home with my mom. She'll bug me the whole way home."

"How about I give you a ride then," he said with a smirk.

"As long as you aren't a psychopath then sure," I giggled.

"Of course not! Just a sane murder."

He's funny. I like that and being cute isn't bad either. I jump in his jeep and then he reaches out and hands me some mint gum.

"This might help with the bad taste," he laughed.

I turned the radio up then fell asleep from the tiring day.