Chapter 1

"I'm not going." It was what seemed like the millionth time arguing with my mom about this. I wasn't going, I wasn't going to deal with Cody for a whole summer.

"You need to go, you need something to do. I don't want you sitting at home all summer."

"Well then I'll move out."

"You don't have the money to move out and even though you are twenty two I would rather you stay while you're still in college, so I know what you're doing."

"Mom I'm going to be in my last year of college and I don't see why I can't, and I actually do have the money."

"Well maybe if you go this summer, I'll let you move out."

"You really can't control that much of what I do, you do remember that I'm twenty two."

"I know but please just do this."

"I'll think about it."

"Okay Alex." She said sighing.

I didn't want to do this but if I didn't I knew it would actually effect my brother because they would have no one to sell their merch. I would also have to deal with my mom talking about how I should've done it all summer.

The situation was my brothers band was playing all of warped tour, and their merch person walked out on them. They have no one else to do it for them and I would be totally okay with doing it if Cody wasn't with them.

I don't know what it was but since me and Cody met we just almost automatically hated each other. Neither of us really know why.

I don't think he's a bad person it's just we're complete assholes to each other. it's not just him because we both don't like each other. The whole band has tried to make us be friends but they've always failed. No matter what we did we didn't get along at all, and I don't know if I could spend a whole summer with him.

I would honestly like the fact of being at warped tour everyday and maybe I could deal with him for a whole summer. If he becomes to annoying I could always just come home. Right?

"Mom." I yelled all the way from upstairs because I didn't feel like going all the way back downstairs, and I was partly doing this so I didn't have to deal with her.

"Yes."

"Can you come up here."

"Sure, I'll be up in a couple of minutes."

"Okay."

Soon enough she was in my doorway asking what I needed.

"I guess I will go."

"Okay, now you need to call Maxx and tell him that you're going."

"I'll do it later."

"I would prefer that you did it now."

"Fine I will." She left the room leaving me alone, because she knew I hated talking on the phone with other people around.

That's something that Cody did that annoyed me. He knows that I hate talking on the phone, so whenever I'm on the phone with someone he'll sit as close as he can or he won't leave the room if I'm on the phone. Or even worse if he hears that I'm on the phone he makes sure to come in the room.

I called Maxx and he picked up on the second ring.

"I guess I'll go with you this summer."

"Really, that's great!"

"Yeah sure whatever."

"Don't act like you're not exited."

"I'm not really that exited, I don't know if you forgot this I don't know how you could've, but Cody and I hate each other."