Desk Work

Hello all you wonderful people!!! I have decided to continue writing however I might not update very often. A big thank you to the two amazing people who voted on this story. It made me so happy to see that some people were enjoying the story. Your votes are what prompted me to continue writing, so enjoy!!

"Hey are you the new agent" an agent with black hair and a crutch asks. "Yes, who are you" I ask, closing my book. "Daniel Sousa and you are" agent Sousa asks. "Malia Ai'Dale" I respond holding out my hand. Agent Sousa shakes my hand and sits on the desk opposite to mine. "Is that your desk" I ask. "Yes" he replies with a smile. "Sousa, in the meeting room" Chief Thompson shouts. "Well I better go" he says standing up and walking away from me.

"Chief Thompson wanted me to give this to you" the british agent I met earlier says. She hands me about twenty case files. "Ugh" I say hitting my head on my desk. I look up and see english smiling. "I completely agree" she says. "I'll get right on it, thanks" I say grabbing the files. English smiles and walks away, back towards her desk.

"Hey Malia do you want to go get something to drink" Sousa asks. I look up at the clock and realize it's 8:00 pm. "Ah I gotta finish up these case files, I don't want to get yelled at by Thompson" I say smiling. Sousa looks at me and smirks. "Well then I'll see ya tomorrow Ai'Dale" Sousa says grabbing his coat.

I grab the case files and head to the filing room. All of a sudden I'm knocked towards the wall. "Oh I'm so sorry" I hear english say. "It's fine I wasn't watching where I was going" I respond, picking up the files. "Hear I'll put those back you've had a long day" english says grabbing the files out of my hands. "Thanks" I reply. I give english a smile and head back to my desk.

"Ai'Dale can I have a word" Chief Thompson called. I go over and walk into his office. "What is it chief" I ask not sure why he wants to talk. "I wanted to know if you've ever done any field work" he asks. "A little back when I first started- around the time of the war" I answered.

"Okay that's all..oh and I just wanted to let you know that relationships with coworkers is not allowed" Thompson said looking down at a case file. "Sir, I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying" I reply. "I saw you and Sousa, I just don't need any drama in here" he states. "Nothing was going on he was just welcoming me and trying to be friendly besides nothing will happen, you have nothing to worry about sir" I snap, spinning on my heel and walking out.