3

The Royal courtyard was crowded with people, all were ready to hear the announcement.
"Hear ye, hear ye..." the announcer droned,"Our Noble King has heard your pleas and taken action. From hence forth sentries shall be posted at every shop, home, and factory to stop the evil thieves that infest our humble city. You will now need a pass signed by the duke to leave the city, the king will not let the devils leave to pollute other towns. He hopes to rid our city and soon our country of all uncleanliness and start anew. But with this the tax fee will double and it will be used to pay the soldiers for the extra responsibilities they'll be given. All those captured will be sentenced to immediate death."
There was an applause from the crowd. After the sound had died down the announcer continued his speech. I've heard enough, Ellyn thought. She slipped out of the courtyard and onto the main street.
The street was clear, except for a few beggars that weren't allowed on royal grounds. Ellyn continued down the street and stopped at an old seamstresses shop.
"I've got it!" Ellyn exclaimed looking back at the castle. "And this is just the the place I need."
She hurried in and took a good look around. The wood was rotting and mice scampered across the floor. On the back wall a large portrait of the princess was hung on a very nasty nail.
Beneath the portrait was a short, knobby old woman.
"May I help you?" she croaked.
"Yes." Ellyn confidently replied. She then pointed to the dress on the portrait.
"Can you make that?"