Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

You can't be gone.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. You're my world you know? You're so important to me even though it hasn't been that long. You made me happy and because of you, I'm trying to quit smoking. It's slowly killing me, I know it is." I said quietly and sighed. "I promise I'll stop, just for you."

You're okay, you'll be okay.

Suddenly, there was a beep and hope bubbled in my chest. I looked up and then the beep sounded again. The door opened and I jumped up. "Oh my god," I said and looked at them. "Did you hear that guys?"

"That was my phone." Luke muttered and literally everything came crashing down on me. My hopes fell and my mood dropped drastically. It was a whole new wave of disappointment

"Oh."

I sat back down and looked at Sophia one more time. "I just wish she could have talked to me and told me so I could have helped her. I would have. I would have stayed up all night to talk to her and help her." I said as a lump formed in the back of my throat.

"Calum, please, calm down." Michael said but I ripped my shoulder from his grasp. "Calum, please."

"No. Don't opuch me and don't tell me what to do you self-centered, inconsiderate, asshole." I snapped at him and he pulled his hand back and then stuffed it in his pocket.

It was quiet again. It was a tense and gloomy silence. We were all upset and I was pissed at Michael.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia," I heard Makenna sing quietly. "And forget about the stupid little things."

"Like-Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you," I added in, tears falling as I buried my face in my hands. This song is now dedicated to Sophia. I'll make sure to announce it at our next concert and interview.

"And the memories I never can es-escape." Michael mumbled, his voice cracking as he shook his head. Wow, he had a heart. Who would have knew?

"If today I woke up with you right beside me," I sang quietly, looking at her. "Like all of this was just some twisted dream."

"I'd hold you closer than I ever did be-before." Makenna added and I looked at her. "And you'd never s-slip aw-way."

It was silent after that line. No one talked. We were all crying silently, and then all of a sudden:

Beep

"Turn your fucking phone off Luke. I can't-I can't handle that damn sound." I said to the blonde and he looked at me.

"That wasn't my phone."

Beep Beep

"Ashton, turn off your phone." I said and he told me it was off. "I can't get this false hope. I can't-I can't have it shatter again." I told him, my voice cracking.

Beep Beep Beep

"Whoever's phone that is, turn it off because I can't do this. Stop messing with me." I said and covered my ears.

Stop. Please turn off your damn phones. I can't stand this... Am I imagining it? Am I going crazy?

"Calum, none of our phones are doing that." Michael told me after he pried a hand away from my ear.

Oh my god I'm going crazy.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"Her heart moniter!" Ashton excaimed and it snapped my head up. "Call a doctor. Oh my god, call a doctor someone." He said and Charlotte was the one who exited the room and went to go get one.