happy birthday ashton!

My sunshine is 21 years old today.

Granted, he's been 21 in Australia for about 14 hours now, but as of this moment, he's 21 on the U.S. east coast.

Ironically enough, I'm listening to "The Kids Aren't Alright" by Fall Out Boy as I write this.

I'm really not okay right now. I came into this fandom when Ashton was 19 years old, and the first video I saw of the 5sos boys, I fell in love with him immediately. Obviously I have no chance with him, but he's always been my favorite, no matter how much I love the other boys. I love listening to his drumming, his singing, his laugh, his talking voice. He's such an amazing, strong (physically and emotionally), loving, caring person. I love it when he goes on tweet sprees telling us how much he loves and appreciates us. Not every artist would go through the trouble to do that.

He's such a dork. Like, I can't describe his dorkiness, but we all know it. The way he posts pictures of random graffiti art he finds in every city he visits, the fact that he thought tadpoles were baby turtles/mosquitos...the list goes on and on. And I love him so much for it. He embraces it and uses it to entertain (sometimes not on purpose).

I can't fully describe my love for this nutty, man-bun wearing, multi-instrumental, amazing person.

Happy 21st birthday, Ashton Irwin.

We all love you :)

-Cat