03 : "Away from her"

Being away from her was one of the most difficult things, Daniel learned how to do. Kathryn was with him ever since he started in showbiz and it was true that they were 'kambal' because he hated being away from her.

It has been a week after the scandal, and the love team was at the rehearsal for the Bench fashion show and even though she was two feet away, it felt like two countries. The moment she walked in the door, she did not acknowledge Daniel's presence nor looked at him. They had to practice for their walk together, but she kept on making up reasons such as "I need more practice on this" or "Let's do it later".

The show was less than five hours away and they needed to do this. The lady teaching them how to walk was having a difficult time on getting them to cooperate. They had to hold hands and Kathryn refused to look at Daniel. She would loosely hold his hand and pull away after the lady says "okay". The lady tried to be patient with the love team because she heard about the scandal, but this was work. She couldn't work with people so unprofessional especially when they've been praised so highly that she expected more from Kathniel.

"Look, I know that both of you have some issue going on, but this is work. You can't be unprofessional when it comes to work especially when you're one of the most popular and respected stars in the industry. I'll be back in an hour or two and I hope you're both back to being the couple I watch on television." The lady said before walking away to give the couple some space.

Karla Estrada has been watching the couple from backstage and she felt sad. She witnessed plenty fights from Kathryn and Daniel, but it never came to this. The longest fight they would have lasted about six hours, but both of them gave in before it could even be an issue with their work. She had to fix this somehow before their show, she has to save their careers and the both of them from completely destroying their relationship.

/

The couple parted ways when Kathryn went to their dressing room and shutting the door sending Daniel the message that he shouldn't come in. Karla was waiting for one of them to enter and when Kathryn entered, Karla felt relieved.

"Kathryn, we need to talk." Karla stated seriously to the girl she thought as her daughter.

"Everything is okay, Tita Kar-"

"I'm not going to force you to like Daniel again. Honestly, if what happened to you happened to me during my days of showbiz, then I think I would have broke my love team with that person!" Karla exclaimed, thinking back to her days in showbiz and the few love teams she experienced. It was nothing like KathNiel and their connection with each other.

"If you're worried I would break my love team with DJ, then you don't have to worry, Tita." Kathryn said assuring her second mother. She understood that she must have been worried for her son's career and she didn't want Tita Karla to think she was going to ruin it.

"That's not my point, Kath. You and Daniel have been in this together for almost five years and all of that went down the drain as soon as the audio clip became an issue," Karla said exhaling before continuing, "I don't consent what Daniel did, but you have to find it in your heart to remember all the good in him."

"I know Daniel is still a good person. His mistake won't make him an automatic bad person, but I just need time." Kathryn explained, nodding to the points that her Tita Karla pointed out.

"That's good because as his mother, I know he still loves and cares for yo-"

"Ma?! What are you doing here?" Daniel asked as he stood in front of the door, shocked at the scene he was seeing.

"Tita, it's DJ..." Kathryn mumbled looking down at her hands.

"I'll leave you two to talk." Karla sternly said as she stood up and lightly pushed Daniel inside before closing the door.

Kathryn felt as if the walls were closing around her as she kept on fumbling and playing with her fingers. She knew Daniel was staring at her, she could feel him right across from her which is why she didn't want to look up.

Daniel felt like throwing up. He's been practicing what he would say to Kathryn when they finally for a chance to talk, but it's as if all his words and thoughts were robbed from him for when he opened his mouth, nothing came out.

"I know this is a far-fetched idea, but am I the girl you were talking about?" Kathryn started, still not looking at her partner.

"No, you weren't." Daniel answered honestly at the girl, and he saw a tear drop down her hands as she kept looking down, not bothering to wipe her face.

"I'm sorry, Kath. It was a spur of the moment kind-of-thing and I've always joked about having a mini crush on Anne Curtis, remember?" Daniel lightly joked hoping to make Kath smile.

"But you were texting her sister, Jasmine. Jasmine is taken, and you shouldn't have been texting her."

"I know. I wasn't thinking straight when I texted her that night. My friends and I were having a few drinks and talking about the usual guy things." Daniel tried explaining to his other half who still refused to look at him.

"Yes, I understand. Guy things include girls, and you probably talk about a lot of other girls right?" Kathryn snapped, finally looking up at Daniel.

"No! That's not what I meant, Kathryn."

"You broke my trust, Daniel. You shouldn't have lifted me up so high up in the air about you loving me, and then leaving me to fly by myself." Kathryn cried as she couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

"It was a mistake, and I would do anything to change time and undo what I've said and done. I need you back, bal." Daniel sniffed, he persuaded and repeated to himself 'don't cry', but he felt as if he was losing the most important person in his life.

"I forgive you. I'm not saying that my trust in you have returned because it's far from it, but I forgive you." Kathryn bravely said to Daniel before standing up and walking towards him.

"Will we ever be the same again?" Daniel asked looking down at the petite, tear-faced girl.

"I don't know, bally." Kath answered before grabbing Daniel's hand and walking out the door.

KathNiel was going to practice their walk, and this time it was going to be like nothing ever happened to them.