02 : "Best Guy Ever"

"Best Guy Ever", Kathryn typed as a caption to the Instagram picture she was about to post. She didn't want to post this picture, she didn't believe her caption nor liked that she was forced to go through her camera roll containing hundreds of pictures of her and the boy that crushed her trust.

An hour after she found out about the audio scandal, Mommy Min received a call from management ordering Kathryn to post a picture of 'KathNiel' to show everyone that she is unaffected by the news. It was complete bullsh/t on her part because she felt not just affected but punched, gutted, and destroyed.

Kathryn's finger hovered over the 'post' button for minutes till her mother finally took the phone from her and pressed the button for her daughter.

"Do you want to call Daniel?" Mommy Min asked hoping that her daughter would at least show some sign of feeling. After her breakdown, Kathryn shut down and vowed silence towards everything. She didn't talk to management about the picture nor answered the phone calls and text messages flooding her phone from her friends. She simply shook her head and stood up.

"I just want to go home." She told her worried mother who wanted nothing more than to rewind time and stop this mistake from happening.

"I could call your Tita Karla? She might know something abou-"

"Ma!" Kathryn shouted at her mother before packing her things.

"I just want to go home." She exhaled and grabbed her bag and her mother's hand pulling her towards the door.

"Okay anak, let's go home."

/

Karla Estrada, Daniel Padilla's mother, found out about the news not through her son, but a tweet from a fan with the link of the audio clip and the message asking "how can your son do this to Kathryn? did you raise him right?"

On the issue of raising DJ right, Karla was very sensitive about it. She always believed she raise her children right, so she was confused which is why she clicked on the link sent to her. After listening to it, she didn't think twice.

Karla Estrada grabbed her purse and rushed outside the door to her car. She wasn't going to her son, she was going to her daughter.

/

"Kathryn! Open the door! Min! This is Tita!" Karla shouted, pounding on the brown door she knew very well.

Mommy Min opened the door and the two mothers didn't say anything. They both looked at each other and exchanged an understanding. They want to help Kathryn.

Kathryn was laying down on the couch when she heard Tita Karla outside the door, but she refused to open it. As the mother of her heartbreaker walked in, she thought she would feel anger. Her early thoughts were all about how she was the mother of Daniel and how she consented this, but all of those thoughts vanished. When she looked up, she saw her second mother. Unwillingly, Kathryn started crying as if she was feeling all the hurt all over again and she was. It never stopped.

"It's okay, anak." Karla said to her, before sitting down next to her and rubbing her shoulder tenderly.

Karla's heart was also breaking at the sight of the young girl crying. She thought she raised her son right, yet he made this beautiful girl cry. It was like watching one of her own daughters cry, yet she couldn't call the parents of the boy that broke her heart because she was the parent, and it was her child's fault.

"Do you want or need anything?" Karla asked, not knowing what to say to the fragile girl crying.

"I just want to go home." Kathryn said before burying her face in her Tita's chest. Yes, she was in her house and this was her 'home', yet she meant that all she wants to do is be home to the arms of the boy who is causing her to feel this way.