Chapter Three

A week has passed already. The day that I've been dreading has come. Our first day of school. A few curious glances came and the usual glances that are pointed at my sister. Though Eva and I are two peas in a pod, we differ in taste and interests; but we are inseparable.

"Wow, not even 5 minutes in and you managed to get the whole school gawking and glaring. Must be a new record" I said as i elbowed her.

"Not everyone Era." she winked and pointed at the guy leaning by the lockers. He smiled at me and sent a greeting salute. "That's not for me this time." Eva teased. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to the main office and got our papers and locker pins.

"Will you be okay?" I asked my sister. Since she's enrolled in the university, she'll have her classes in the other building. "You're a building away, I'll be fine." I reassured her. Eva went to the other building. The constant glares I keep getting didn't go unnoticed. What did I do?

I finally found my locker and stuffed everything in. My schedule was snatched from me by the guy from earlier. "What the-?"

I raised my eyebrows at him and gave him a glare. How rude!

"Is there a problem?" I asked with all the sarcasm I can muster up.

He finally looked at me and flashed me a smile. I normally don't rate guys but I couldn't help it—he's gorgeous. Curly brown hair that seems untamed, hazel eyes and tan skin. Typical manwhore. "Excuse me? I am not a manwhore" he said defiantly.

I didn't realize I had said that out loud until now. "My name's Sebastíen by the way." he smiled.

"Okay.." I snatched my schedule and started walking away.

Homeroom

Physics

Calculus

Physical Ed (see information & treasury office)

Lunch

Art

Economics

French

I checked the map for the information office but curly stopped me. He just doesn't quit. Does he?

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" He looked hopeful. "My name's Era." I retorted. I kept walking and made 3 left turns. I am not good at directions.

"I can take you to the office." He said. I followed him and he opened a glass door.

"May I help you?" a lady in her mid-thirties looked up at us. She had her shirt buttons opened down to show off her bust. She keeps eyeing the guy with me. What a cougar

"What was that?" she asked. I did it again. I smacked myself inwardly. I let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh, uhm.." I handed her my schedule. She stapled something to the paper. She gave me a death glare when she handed it back to me. "Thanks." I said.

"Shit that was close.." I sighed. "You called Miss Hephner a cougar." Curly laughed. I can't help but smile. He was infectious.

"Bad habit I guess." I chuckled.

"You're beautiful when you smile." Curly complimented. "So I'm the opposite when I don't? Shot through the heart.." I faked hurt.

"No, it's just-" I cut him off. "Nah, I'm kidding curly."

He looked surprised by the nickname but didn't complain. He told me that we had Homeroom, Physics and French class together. I was pretty sure I could manage and find my way around but bumped into him three times. I was going in a circle.

I gave up and him walk me to Homeroom and Physics. I showered after P. E. and then my second favorite part of the day next to dismissal came. When lunch came I walked by myself towards the cafeteria. A lot of girls were walking at a fast pace, glaring at me for being slow. They must be really hungry. Then I had realized what they were all chasing— a boy. Typical

I passed the crowd and kept walking. I felt it again—the force— but this time it's stronger. I ignored it and walked through the double doors. So far so good, half of the day was over and no one seemed to suspect anything. Aside from curly, everyone just either glared or ignored me.

I sat by myself at the corner of the cafeteria when I got my salad. A gorgeous blonde-haired girl came up to my table. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" Yes, I do mind. "Oh no, go ahead." I said politely. I'd have to give myself credit for being nice and not rude.

Two guys and a couple followed her and sat themselves along the circle table. I'm not prepared for this. I finished my salad quick and got up but the blonde chick stopped me.

"Hey wait! I'm sorry what was your name?" She asked.

"Era.. Era Vander." I said.

"What a unique name, Era as in new era?" I nodded. "Hi Era, I'm Claire. This is Jayce,-" she pointed at the blue eyed guy who had light brown hair and blue eyes. "Ezra-" A hazel-eyed boy with dark brown hair waved at me. "Coleen and Luke" the couple who I assume are mates. "They're ma-" Claire was cut off by Ezra. "-a couple." Ezra eyed Claire and she sent me a nervous glance. They thought I was human. Score one for incognito girl.

Why are they befriending a human anyway? Maybe they're just being nice. All thoughts were cut off by the bell. The day dragged on so slow. I had Claire in my Art class and Jayce in Economics so I didn't get lost. I looked across the room of my French at the clock. 5 more minutes, I cheered on the clock to go faster. Curly wasn't so bad after all, he was into Star Wars and League of Legend like I was—points for that.

"Why weren't you in P.E. class?" he asked. "I was."

"Wait you're a human?" he asked. I almost am. I felt a pang in my heart when I thought of that. "And you're not? I asked. Good save from inco! I was somehow nervous that he didn't think I was human.

"No, I meant uhm.. I am. Do you need a lift home?" He chuckled nervously. I told him I had a car. He got a call and left me with a good-bye. Something rushed past me and I felt the pull again but it was too fast. Maybe it didn't notice.

Eva was waiting by the car and I drove us home. I can't seem to forget that strong energy that was drawing me to something. Then it hit me; the thing that is worse than school; something that I dread even more—a mate.

!@#$%

^ picture of Sebastíen ^

A/N

Sorry it took this long to update. Entrance exams got in the way and writer's block didn't help either. The buildup of the story is slow because I want to get into detail but I promise it will be worth it. Since it's summer for me, I'll try to update every day. This chapter is not edited feel free to point out mistakes. Message me for grammar corrections or suggestions. I love you guys. Cheers!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE XX