Chapter 13

When Warren woke up he found himself in the infirmary of the Institute. He rubbed his head and noticed his wings were suspended above the bed. Just then, Professor Xavier came into the room.

"Ah," he said. "Glad to see your awake, Warren. How are you feeling?"

"Lousy," Warren replied. He glanced at his wings.

"During the fight against the Brotherhood, you sprained your wing. There are bruises on some of the bones that will take time to heal. Jean and Hank have recommended that you get plenty of rest and not fly until they know the bones have healed."

Warren nodded.

"I understand, Professor," he said. He looked at Charles. "Is Abigail-"

"Alright?" Xavier finished. "Yes. she is fine. A little shaken from the battle, but she'll be okay."

Warren smiled.

"I'll leave you to get some rest," Xavier said. He turned and left the infirmary.

A minute or so after he left, Abigail walked into the room wearing jeans and a tee-shirt. She smiled at Warren.

"Hey," she said.

Warren greeted her and she took a seat next to his bed.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Not bad," he replied. "How about you?"

"I'm going alright. I'm so sorry for what happened at the mall. I could see what I was doing, but couldn't stop myself. Not until I saw you under that bench. I was able to break free from Magneto's control long enough for Gambit to get rid of the device on my neck. After that, we defeated the Brotherhood and brought you back here. I'm just glad you're okay."

The two were silent before Warren spoke up again.

"Xavier said I wouldn't be able to fly for a while. At Least not until my wings are better."

"Well I'll be sure to reserve a spot for you in sky," Abby said with a smile.