Chapter 2

Professor Xavier sat behind his desk. In front of him were some of his X-men; Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, and Angel. They were dressed in casual, civil clothing instead of their uniforms.

"You asked to see us, Professor?" Rogue asked.

"Yes," Xavier said. "Cerebro has located a new mutant. I've actually been watching this mutant for a little over a month now."

"Then why are you calling us now?" Logan asked impatiently.

"Because, Logan, she has just made herself known."

"How so?" Gambit asked.

"She saved the President of the United States life."

The room was dead silent.

"So what do you need us to do?" Angel asked.

"You are to go down to Washington DC and meet with the President. I've already told him you were coming and he has set aside time to talk with you. I would like you four to try to bring the mutant back with you. Explain who you are, where you're from, and have one or two of you show off your gifts to her. Show her she is not alone and that there is a place where she will be treated as equal."

"You got it, Professor," Rogue said.

She walked out of the room, the others following after her. When they reached the Hanger, the four climbed aboard the X-jet, Logan taking the wheel and Rogue sitting next to him.

"Let's hurry up and get to Washington," Logan said. "We don't want all the Secret Police over us."

"Oui, that would be bad," Gambit said with a smile.

"The Professor didn't say what kind of powers this mutant has, didn't he?" Angel said.

"I suggest we just worry about getting to Washington and seeing this mutant," Rogue said. "We can worry about powers later. Oh, and so everyone is aware, Logan and Warren are showing off their powers. We wouldn't want the President to be unconscious or accidentally blowing up the White House."

"Yeah, because bringing out a set of adamantium claws is so much better," Logan said. "Secret Service men would think I was getting ready to murder the President."

The four stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. It was nearly noon when they arrived at the White House. Logan landed the jet outside the building and the group walked towards the front door.