Seventeen

Natalie

The time span between contractions was getting closer and closer. I was excited, but at the same time, very, very nervous.

I paced the living room, breathing in and out to calm myself. Hayden burst in the door and ran to me, embracing me and kissing me and telling me everything was going to be alright. He had been helping George with something, and I had called him to tell him this was the day.

I kissed him softly and let him hold me in his arms comfortingly. "It's time."

He nodded and led me to the door, grabbing his keys. We walked out to the Sequoia and got in. The unoccupied baby seat sat behind us, waiting to hold Sawyer in it.

As he drove to the hospital, I shifted in my seat uncomfortably and cried out in pain. Hayden glanced over at me and set a hand on my stomach. "Only a few minutes to go, babe."

I nodded, tears staining my cheeks. I clasped my hand over his where it rested on my swollen stomach and stroked it with my thumb.

***********************************

I woke up to the sound of crying and my husband's soothing voice. Slowly, I turned over, my body sore. I could just make out the image of Hayden cradling...our baby!

The time had gone so fast. As soon as we had entered the hospital, the surgeons sent me in, and in no time, I was in labor. It was painful, but quick.

Hayden glanced over at me and beamed. "Hey, Sawyer James. Mommy's awake." He walked over to me, kissing me and handing me our beautiful newborn son. He was the cutest baby I'd ever seen. In no time, I was in tears.

"Hi, Sawyer," I said. "Mommy's here." I kissed him. "I've been dying to see you."

Sawyer had Hayden's curls; I could already tell. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, but he would in a few days, and I could bet he had my brown eyes. He looked like both of us, but mostly like me. He was borderline adorable.

"Natalie," Hayden said.

"Hm?" I looked up at my husband. We both smiled and hugged each other tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said into my hair. He kissed my head.

When I pulled away, he pressed his lips together, fighting back tears.

"Aww." I smiled and kissed him.

"Can I hold him again?" Hayden asked.

I nodded and gingerly handed Hayden our baby.

My parents, Alie, David, Tove, Kaylen and Hejsa all burst in the room, smiling.

"Natalie!" Kaylen squealed, hugging me tightly.

"Kaylen, I'm so glad you're here!"

"Me too." She turned to look at the rest at our family, and Alie was already cradling Sawyer, everyone else looking over her shoulder.

Hayden came over to me and kissed me softly. "You did well, Natalie."

I smiled, resting my hand on the back of his neck. "Hayden, I can't believe..."

"I know."

My parents were the next ones to hold Sawyer, and once they had handed him off to Tove, they came over to me and kissed my forehead.

"Tove, you'd better not hold the baby for too long or he'll think your his daddy," Alie joked, and everyone laughed. Hayden and his older brother looked very, very similar in appearance.

Sawyer started sobbing, and my mother smiled. "He wants his mommy."

Hayden set Sawyer in my arms, and I cradled him lovingly. A few tears ran down my cheeks, and Hayden wiped them away gently with his thumb.

"I love you, Sawyer," I said, pecking his forehead with a kiss.

This chapter is dedicated to the the biggest Ahsoka Tano fan out there, @shanSWfan for her support all of the way through this book. It's really motivated me to continue this, and she was the first reader of this book. So I thank her, and in return for all of her supportive, sweet, (and funny) comments, I dedicate this chapter!