3. The Letter

Chapter 3. The Letter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violetta!!" I hear my father .

I groan and stand up. Leon stands along with me. "Violetta! Have you been out her for the whole time?" He angrily asks. "who are you??"

"Oh, i'm sorry sir." Leon says and bows. "I'm Leon Vargas"

"Hmm. the prince?" He ask.

"Yes sir" he nods and smiles.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I heard there was a ball" he says. "I just wanted to come and see what was going on"

"What are you doing with my daughter?" He sternly aks.

"Dad! Stop! I can do what I want!" I cross my arms.

"No you can't, i'm the king. I make the rules" he grabs my arm. "stay away from my daugter. leave. now!!"

"I didn't mean any harm sir. i'm sorry"

"She's happily engaged. Don't show up again. or else." I'm dragged away. I look at Leon, his eyes sad. I wave at him and he waves back.

My dad ends up dragging me up to my room. he doesn't allow me to even say bye to anyone.

" Why can't I live my life like I want?" I'm so tired of this!!" I say and he opens my door.

"You're a princess, your told what to do and how to do it. that's how italways will be, even when your married. I'm only helpimg you out Violetta. don't jeopardize the great future ahead of you"

"Maybe i don't want that life dad! I want to make choices for myself!"

"I don't know why i even try to talk to you. you're so ridicilous" he says and storms out. slamming my door.

Tears begin to escape my eyes. it just wasn't fair. i felt like a prisinor in the castle.

I change into my pyjamas. which were made out of silk, and go to bed. i hated it all. the tiaras, the fancy clothing, the special greetings. everything. i wanted to be happy and live a normal life. being a princess wasn't me. It was the last thing i wanted to be. i close my eyes falling asleep.

*************
"Violetta!!" My aunt Angie, says. She's the only one who understands me and treats me like a normal person. And since she's my mothers sister she's the closest person to me.

"No!!" I say and cober my head with my pillow.

"C'mon don't be difficult" she says and tugs the blankett of me. she gasps. "sweetie what's wrong??"

I huff and sit up. bringing my legs up to my chest. "I hate this Angie, i'm not happy"

"Hey, it's okay, tell me whats wrong?" She sits next to me.

"I don't love Diego, and I definitely don't want to marry him. i'm tired of my father making desicions for me. e makes me miserable. I hate all of the fancy things and I hate being threated the way I do. i just want to be a normal person. that's all I really am."

"Does this all have to do with the boy you've met yesterday?" She knows me too well.

"I don't know Angie? the way he made me feel was so surreal. his touch was so reassuring. looking into those sparkly hazel eyes made me feel all tughly inside. And singing with him was magical. i've never felt like that about anyone before."

She tighly hugs me as I continue to cry. "life is unfair, but you have to make the best of it. Your father will eventually see that you and Diego don't belong with each other. I'm sorry you feel like this. but what can you do??"

I feel so empty. she was right. what could I possible do??

"Cancel all of my plans, I don't care what my father says. I don't want to do anything"

"Violetta, as much as I agree with you. you can't do that"

"I can and I am" I say and lay back down. Angie huffs and leaves. Closing the door behind her

I don't do anything but lay in bed and cry. I know it's selfish to not fullfill all of your commitments. but i'd rather not do anything if i'm going to have a sour attitude.

"You have a letter Princess Violetta" a servant says and walks over to me.

"Thank you" I quietly say and take the letter from him. he nods and exits. I unroll the paper......

My dearest princess,

I hope this letter reaches you quickly. i just wanted to say thank you for the amazing night last night. i had a lot of fun getting to know you. i really like you, and i'm willing to take a risk to see you. I'll be there where we discussed to meet. i'll wait there for an hour on Saturday afternoon. I hope you will come!

Leon xx.

I smile brightly. I take the risk. I don't care. I deserve happiness,and I know I can get that with Leon. I know that Angie will help me. and if she won't I will figure out a way to get out.

~~~~~~~~~~