Chapter 1

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Yep, my mother gets paid twice as much as the government and my father is famous in Italy."

That, is a lie. Technically not a single word in that sentence is true. My mother is dead, my father hates me and I don't even live in the same house as them!

I am independent, I rely on my brains and common knowledge. That's what I have been surviving on for the past two years and that is how I intend to keep it.

I have friends, who know me as the rich, intelligent and kind girl. They don't know my real life, they have no reason to and sometimes my made up story seems more realistic compared to the truth.

It's not bad, lying about everything, I managed to keep it a secret for the two years I was homeless and only now am I starting to panic.

I needed to find an institute or college to go to in the next month, I had finished high school and with ought money, I knew it would be hard for me to get into any school.

Lucky for me, news spreads around fairly quickly. It's not as bad as I thought, all I need to do is forge a few letters and apply for scholarships, if a school allows me, I don't need to worry about paying to go to school.

I walked around the small home I had found, it was old and no one lived in there anymore as it didn't really fit with the other building designs. It was well kept, seeing how old it was and I actually managed to convince my friends that I lived in a mansion and my family was just out doing errands.

I had a key of which I stole from the building operator, they never went in there so what was the point?

I paced back and forth from the living room to the bathroom, I technically wasn't 'homeless' as I had a home but I was 'family less' so I guess that is what you could call it.

I was starving. I hadn't eaten for five days, the longest I had gone with ought food. My clothes were slightly wet and I probably stunk as I ran out of deodorant yesterday.

I stole whatever I needed, that way If I ended up in juvenile detention I would have a better living arrangement compared to now.

Somehow I was never caught and eventually gave up on trying to get caught.

I walked out of my house quickly and nipped a bundle of soaps and deodorants, going home and placing my 'Grocery shopping' items away. I freshened up and walked out of my home.

In case I didn't get the scholarship, I really needed an emergency fall back plan with my life. I searched the stolen newspaper for a good job article when my eyes came across one.

"Help at the 'Lucky Cat Cafe'. Needed." The note said. That wouldn't be that bad, that's just normal everyday stuff that I have no idea how to do! Maybe they would explain how it works... My stomach grumbled in anger to remind me I was hungry still.

I sighed and looked around the town area for a small grocery store to grab something.

I found one near by and started to browse the foods. I went healthy like always and grabbed some fruit and vegetables. Just as I headed to the counter, a crack sound could be heard and the security camera fell.

The store manager was to busy listening to music and reading the newspaper to even see it, I quickly bolted for the grocery door and turned the corner, rushing to my home and locking the door.

For a family- less kid, I was doing quite alright.