Chapter 1 'Adoption'

*GREG'S POV*
I finished feeding Troy and put him in his room for a nap. Lainey walked up to me, "Can we talk?" I nodded and followed her. We walked to the living room, I sat on the couch. "I was on that website again.." She said, Lainey recently has been looking at websites of kids who are up for adoption. "Lainey" I said, "Greg" She replied. "Troy is still practically a baby, and you want another one?" I asked. I didn't mind helping a child, but seriously, we're still new at being parents. "I wasn't looking at babies..." Lainey mumbled. "Are you wanting a teenager?" I asked, she nodded slowly. I sighed, "Do you have one in mind?"
She grabbed her laptop and sat down next to me. "This is... her" She pointed at a picture of a teenage girl. I looked at her, her hair was brown, blonde at the end, her eyes were the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. "How old is she?" I asked, "She's 15" Lainey answered. Her nose was pierced, "How long has she been an orphan?"
"She's she was a baby..." Lainey said almost whispering. "Her parents were drug addicts, father beat her and her mother" Lainey added. "Lets adopt her then" I said smiling. I called my mom and asked if she could watch Troy while we were gone. I got in the car with Lainey and drove to the orphanage. I knocked on the door with my right hand, Lainey holding my left. A young girl with blonde hair answered, I had to look down at her. She looked around 6 years old,
"Hi Mr." She smiled. "Ashlee, I told you not to answer to people without me" a female voice said. The girl Lainey wanted showed up, she stood in front of the little girl. "Uh.. Hi" She smiled, "Were you two looking to adopt?" Lainey and I nodded. "Then, please come in" She hands motioned inside the building. We walked inside, kids of all ages everywhere. "Our 'guardian' is in there" She used finger quotes and then pointed to an office door. I knocked on the door,
"Come in" a voice yelled. Lainey opened the door. An old lady sat at a desk, "Hello, how may I help you?" "Hi, we would like to adopt" Lainey smiled. "And who would that be?" She asked, Lainey grabbed a piece of paper she printed out. "I believe her name is Gabi, she let us in here"
"Oh, Gabriella, yes she is wonderful" We sat in the chairs. "Now, before I hand you paper work, I will tell you about Gabriella" We both nodded. "Her parents were drug addicts and alcoholics. The father would beat her mother and then started beating her. She was about 4 when she came into the system. She's been here ever since, she's also been a total of 10 foster homes but always came back"
"Why was she in so many foster homes?" I asked. "Too many kids, and as she got older, couples wanted younger kids. Plus, their may have been incidents"
"Her personality is amazing though. She's great with kids, as you can see. She can be hyper, but also has a very dark side...." The lady trailed off. "Any medications?" Lainey asked. "Yes, she take several. Anti-depressants, some for her anxiety, and some to keep her calm" She answered. "What do you mean 'keep her calm'?" I asked. "She has a bit of a short temper and a very bad one too. Whenever she gets out of hand, just put it in her drink or food or make her take it and it will calm her"
I nodded slowly, "Where do we sign?" I smiled. Lainey and I signed the paperwork. The lady grabbed the microphone, her voice went over the overcome,
"Gabriella, please come to my office"
The door opened, "Did you need me?" "Yes, we have this lovely couple who would like to adopt you" Her eyes lit up. "Serious?" She asked, I nodded, she hugged both of us tightly. I understood why, couples want younger kids, not teens. "Greg, why don't you go help Gabi pack her things" Lainey said. She walked to the car, "So, this is your room?" I asked. "Yeah..." She answered. "You have a bag packed already?" I asked laughing a little. "Yeah, you never know when your going to be adopted" She laughed. While walking to the car, we talked. "Your Onision" I laughed. "I watch your videos all the time, they actually help me" She said. "Really?" I asked, she nodded. "I stopped self-harming after realizing what you said was true" She added. I helped her in the car. We drove back home, "My mom is home watching Troy" I said. "I can't wait!" She said eager. No one has seen Troy's face, I feared he would be hated just because of me. Lainey spoke up, "You have your medication, right?" Gabi looked at her, "Yeah, it helps me" I stayed silent. We arrived home, "This is your bedroom" I said showing her an empty room. It had a bed, closet, bathroom, and some dressers. "I will leave you to decorate it while I go make a video" I smiled walking away....