A new town

What Fayne looks like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fayne's POV

"Honey, wake up." I feel my body be shaken by a gentle hand. I open my eyes, immediately getting blinded by the sun shining through the car window. I groan and get out of the car, I haul my luggage up the stairs and into my new room. Across the room is a window overlooking the backyard, on my right is the bathroom and on the left is my walk-in wardrobe. In the middle of my room is my queen size bed with a black duvet, pushed up against the right wall is a desk with a desk chair. I sigh and start to unpack the piles of boxes that litter my bedroom floor.

---------------------------------------------

I fall backwards onto my bed and stare up at my ceiling that was now covered in pictures of my friends and family, I stare at the picture of Ryan. Ryan was my first kiss, he used to take me out and surprise me with random things, he would casually wrap his arm around my waist before kissing the crown of my head. I miss him so much, Ryan died in a car crash because his attention was on me, he had been texting me before he collided with a car. Ryan had flown through the windshield, it was a hit and run and they still haven't found the culprit. Though I suppose half of it was my fault, if I hadn't been talking to him then he wouldn't have been distracted.

I feel a wet substance roll down my cheek, my hand automatically starts to search for my blade. The cool metal blade sends soothing chills down my spine, my feet carry me to my bathroom. My warm tears hit the cold tiles, I slice my arm with the metal. Blood drips onto the ground, covering the white tiles. I step into the shower, the boiling water wipes away the blood leaving a stinging sensation. It's all your fault! A voice shouts inside my head. He's dead because of you, you should've been the one in the car not him. Another says, a sob rattles throughout my body. I sink to the ground and hug my knees to my chest, I close my eyes and let the tears roll down my face.

I wipe my face one more time before stepping outside of my bathroom, I sink deep into my bed and close my eyes allowing sleep to take over my depressing mind.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)

I hit my alarm-clock causing it to shut up, I open my eyes and take a deep breath. It's just another day at school, what's the worst that can happen? It's just a new school, new town, new friends. No biggy. I quickly to my morning routine before running down the stairs and into the kitchen to say bye to my parents, I give my dad a kiss on the cheek and my mum a hug before sitting down at the table.

"Hey, ready for school?" Dad asks, I hum in response, too busy chewing on my toast. 
I gulp it down before clasping my hands together and leaning in. "Daddy, can I go to the park after school?" I ask in a cute voice, he chuckles before nodding. I give them a grin before running outside with my car keys, I hop in my car and race off in the direction of the school. Shadow High, here I come.