the ride

I sat in the back of train for a long while in silence watching as tributes from the different districts piled onto their sections of the train. When we got to about district 7 someone came into the back compartment. Expecting it to be Effie I yelled at her to go away . However the voice that I heard was not the one I expected . " I have just as much right to be here as you do ."I whipped my head around to see Maylisee ,one of the girl tributes . "What are you doing here"I asked trying to sound bored so she'd go away . " I have a proposition for you." "I'm listening"I said still trying to not sound interested even though she had sparked my interest. "Lets be allies ."

"No"

"Why not"

"Because I just met you and I don't know anything about you"

"Well then why don't you get to know me. We're stuck on this train for hours."

I sighed then answered"why don't you bother the other tributes."

She stifled a laugh "Olivia is puking and Malvrix is hysterical and talking to himself "" plus your survival skills seem superb and your family is always fed ."

Before I could answer she butted in." Don't even try to deny it ,I've seen you near the fence ."" Please teach me ,since no one in 12 has won before ,I don't even have mentor."

"Ok "

"Really"

"Yup"

"And you'll be my ally in the games too.."

"Don't push your luck sweetheart ." I said in my most bitter tone so she wouldn't get the wrong idea.And we shook hands.She stood up and was beginning to go" hey I thought I was going to learn more about you." I answered her , You got to be kidding me look with"a deals a deal sweetheart."

" fine but don't call me sweetheart."

"Nay I think that will be your new nickname."

With that she sat down obviously annoyed" question ahead."She answered bitterly.

"What's your favorite color."

"Purple."

"Hmm. Purple. Not a bad color I guess but I like green better."

We went on for hours like that, going back and forth with personal questions. Finally ,the train came to a halt in the capital station. We were greeted with applause and the flashes cameras . Maylisee walked up to the window and began to wave." Your really going to wave to those selfish basterds."

"Those selfish basterds have the money to save your ungrateful ass."

I then walked up to the window, put on my most fake smile and then waved like I was screwing in a light bulb.we both Burt into hysterical laughter. You know what Maylisee isn't so bad.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while ,Damn life gets in the way sometimes . Anyway since haymitch learned more about Maylisee I thought you could learn more about me. Put your questions in the comments and I'll answer them at the end of the next chapter. And thank you to the 50 or60 of you who have read my book . I honestly didn't expect  to get more than five reads. Sorry again  for keeping you waiting.oh and since this chapter is so short ,I'll try to update again tomorrow ,but no promises ok.