14: I remember this feeling

Start from the beginning

He got off me, pulling me to my feet. He took my hand, leading me outside into the sun without a word, with that big grin expressing a thousand. His skin looked seriously pale in the light. It was strange seeing him like that. My mouth hung wide open when I saw this. Was he human now or something, or was he Pranking me? Probably Pranking me.

He sighed happily, and laid down in the grass, absorbing the warmth. He patted the green next to him, gesturing for me to lay. He's never looked so happy. I smiled and gladly obeyed. "So- how is this possible?!" I continued to ask, filled to the brim with suspense. "I have no idea." He emotionlessly answered. "I've been avoiding this for years... And I really have forgotten what it feels like."

He put his arm around me and continued in a monotone voice. "I wish I would have figured this out earlier." I glanced up at him as something interesting came to mind. "What if it's the necklace?" I asked, picking it up from his neck and observing it. It glowed a bright red, the liquid moving around like a lava lamp. He just shrugged.

A thought popped into my head."Should we go ask PG?" I knew Marshall had something against him, so I decided to give marsh the choice. He happily sighed again. "As long as I'm with you bunny." He answered, looking down at me with his Demon eyes, that sent chills down my spine. I could tell he noticed this, and decided to act normal again. That huge grin stayed on his face though.

I hoped it wasn't permanent.

He quickly got up, pulling me to my feet, and scooped me up, off of the grass and into the sky. By now I was kind of used to this- it was sorta our only way of fast transportation, so I actually had to be.

He flew for awhile, carrying me bridal style. I couldn't stop blushing because when ever I'd look up at him, I'd catch him looking at me first. He would turn away casually, leaving me like a tomato.

We got to PG's castle in the matter of minutes, and Marshall set me down right in front of the candy doors. He burst right through them, like he didn't care a single bit. He stopped a bit down the long carpeted hallway, and waited for me to catch up.

I really had forgotten about what gumball tried to do to me on my birthday a few weeks earlier. It wasn't a huge deal. I bet he was just feeling lonely, surrounded by no one of his age and all. Being the heroine of AAA, I had to be forgiving.

Once I caught up with him, he set his feet back on the floor and grabbed my hand. Again, I felt shocks, just like when even we touched. As we walked, I could feel him smiling beside me. Did he feel the shock too?

I hoped he did.

We walked up several flights of stairs, until I got tired and Marshall had to carry me. He flew the rest of the way up. We stopped at the top of the stairs where peppermint maid was standing.

"Are you looking for prince gumball?"

"Yeah, where is he? We have some bunk to show him."

She smiled at us, and led us to gumball's laboratory. I always liked peppermint maid; she was so nice- but sometimes showed signs of slight evil. Like how that one time she sent us to the underworld to see death. It's crazy how a nice lady like that can have those kind of connections. Afterwords she promised to steal our flesh while we were sleeping.

I opened the door, with Marshall floating behind me, still holding my hand tightly. I glanced around the room, and spotted gumball working on some sciencey stuff; mixing his green substance with the blue one. I started with a casual, "hey gumball!"

He looked back at me in shock, due to the fact that he was completely unaware that We were there. "Ah, fionna!" He brightly called, sliding his test tubes and beakers out of the way. His facial expression changed when he saw the figure behind me. "And... You brought him."