Guys Are Confusing

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE WAIT!!!!!! Life sucks sometimes. I finally got around to it and I want to thank y'all for the love and support y'all have given me! Much love!

WritingMelody<3

************

I had been paying lots of attention to how I act around Dallas. Now, if you were a random person and saw Dallas and I talking, you'd think I was flirting. But that is only because Dallas is a funny guy. He knows how to make someone laugh when they want to cry. And it would seem as if he didn't listen, but you'd be amazed at how much he took in and remembered. When I went to him about the Jeffery thing, he told me not to worry about it.

Dallas was one of those rare guys. You know, the one guy that always listened, but didn't, like, interrogate conspicuously? That's him. Dallas wasn't quiet, but he wouldn't just storm up to Jeffery and say, “Leave her alone.” Honestly, I'm not sure what Dallas's method was. All I knew, is that he cared about my well being. And that he was funny, smart, talented— Ugh. Damn hormones are taking over again.

Sometimes I can't tell if he likes me or not. Sometimes he'll send me a signal, but contradict it the next day. I wish I knew the mind of a male. It'd make life so much easier. All I want is to know. That's it. As we sat in Algebra 2, our teacher spoke gibberish to us.

“Now turn in your papers,” she said.

I sighed at mine. I might've done well, but I most likely failed it. I was about to stand up, when I felt a paper on my head. I looked behind me and Dallas had brushed his paper across my head as he walked by me to turn in his sheet. See what I mean? That's a flirt move right? I just laughed and went up to our teacher to turn in my worksheet. I sat back down and Dallas had some goofy grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him. “You're crazy, you know that?”

He nodded. “Always have been.”

I couldn't help but laugh. I always laugh at everything he says—even if it isn't funny. He turned to Christy and one of his other friends and they began talking about some game I didn't play. I looked at Cody who was just sitting there, not saying anything.

“You okay?” I asked him.

He looked at me and nodded. “Just bored.”

“Me too.”

“I'm not into the whole ginger thing,” Dallas said behind me.

I turned around to face him and dropped my jaw. “Gee, thanks, that means a lot.”

He either didn't hear me, or didn't want to offend me any more than he already had. Was he joking? The bell rang and I went to lunch. I picked at it, before finally eating the gross thing. I occasionally glanced at Dallas. Why did his words stick in my brain so badly? Truth be told though, I was really tired of the ginger jokes. You know how annoying it gets? “She doesn't have a soul.” “Don't say the wrong thing, she'll go off on you.” “Are you for real good in bed like they say gingers are?”

My life. I wanted to cry most days. But you know what? Who cares? Other than me. Wow. I am a big baby... I just realized this. I'm a baby. I'm just another ginger who people think lowly of and guys wanna try. I banged my head against the table and exhaled. Why were most guys so confusing? Would the whole dating process get any easier?

I just wanted to be with Dallas, but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

*******

I realize this chapter isn't great, but it's a chapter. I want to thank @Truly_Ally for being there for me--I know her outside wattpad. I want to thank @blue_fireworks and @Hopemore for asking about the next update for this book, and much more!

WritingMelody<3