Chapter 3-Confessions

It was awkward, weird, and insane or maybe I was the one who's stupid. I didn't know what's on earth that's making me nodded my head and agreed to be his date. Don't get me wrong. I don't know what I was thinking when I nodded my head that time when Vikram asked me to be his date for our semester end party. I thought Bira going to ask me to be his date for the party but he didn't. The party is tonight and I don't want to go without being anyone dates. Frankly, I'm one of the most beautiful girls on the college so obviously, you know what I mean. Vikram is a nice guy but I still hope that Bira will ask me to be his date. I was at the café that time when I was busy drowning thinking about Bira when my drama queen friend, Parineeti and my smarty friend, Diana approached me.

"Finally, Alex asked me to be his date and I quickly say yes..!" said Parineeti. She's so excited to be Alex's date. Then, she asked Diana who's going to be her date and as expected Diana going to be Abhay's date.

"What about you, Deepika? Who's going to be your date?"

"Urmm... Vikram."

"Ouhh, Vikram... Wait, what?! Vikram?"

I nodded my head. I know Parineeti will give me that reaction. Honestly, even I was shocked with the fact that I will be Vikram's date instead of Ranbir's date.

"Babe, you know right that prom night party plus valentine's day party equal to our semester end party...seriously you're going to be Vikram's date?" said Parineeti.

"Yeah, babe. I thought you're going to be Ranbir's date..." added Diana.

I looked at Diana. I hate what she has just said to me. It's really makes me feel insecure. However, she was right. Even I also had a dream of being Bira's date on our semester end party but for God sake, my dream just shattered like that. While I was busy thinking about my shattered dreams, I saw his glimpse. I saw Bira. He was busy chatting with his friends and guess what, there's comes Illeana. Then, my mind popped out one question that making me feels more insecure. Illeana is Bira's date? With a lot of curiosity pressurized me that moment, I've decided to ask him directly. I stood up and walked towards him. I've heard Parineeti and Diana asked where did I want to go but I just ignored them. I walked towards Bira. He was busy chatting with his friends and didn't realize my existent.

"Bira, can we talk for a while?"

"Deepika. Sure what is it?"

Deepika? I don't like he called me that. I know it was my name but he used to call me as babydoll not Deepika.

"I need to talk with you privately..." I said to him firmly. He nodded his head and stood up before walked with me away from his friends.

We're five tables away from his friends. I folded my hands on my chest and keep silence. Actually, I want to ask him who's going to be his date but I don't know how to ask. It will be really weird if I suddenly asked him like that. Bira just waited for me to say something to him before I decided to indirectly ask him who's going to be his date for tonight by using Vikram as my excuses.

"Vikram asked me to be his date and I already say yes." I said in one breathe. I can saw Bira's smile fades out from his face. He paused before smiled again and said something that I didn't expected he will say it.

"Cool." smiled Bira.

Cool? Honestly? I thought he would say something else. I thought he would ask me to be his date instead of Vikram's date. I thought he would finally ask me to be his date but no, he's not. He just gives me his cute smile that's never felt to melts my heart and says it was cool. Frankly, I don't know why he can't see that I want to be his date. Yes, I'm desperate to be his date because I think tonight is the right time for me to tell him what's exactly my heart want to say to him. I think tonight is the right time for me to express my feeling towards him. I just need to let him know about my feelings. He just needs to know about it.