Joy Marie Silva

“Hello, can I help you?” A white haired woman inquired from behind what I assume to be the receptionist desk.

“Yes. I am Joy Silva, Forks High’s new student.” I informed. Realization and recognition blanketed her shriveled features as I waited patiently.

“Oh! You just missed Isabella Swan, the Chief of police’s daughter. She’s a new student too, and is coming in a few weeks.” After rummaging through piles of paper work the woman held out five papers. “This is your schedule, locker number, a school map, school rules, and a paper for all of your teachers to sign that you’ll return to me at the end of the day. Have a nice day dear!” I swept into the hall as I flipped through my papers, and, memorized them.

Got to love having a photographic memory!

After I could recite everything they said verbatim, I skipped to AP History, my homeroom. Loud chattering erupted from the other side of the wooden door, but ceased once I entered. Everyone’s pupils dilated, and I had to bury my irritation. It’s not like I can blame them. Crimson locks flowing to my waist, indigo blue eyes rimmed with sapphire, skin as pale as freshly fallen snow, and a slim, yet, curvy figure at the height of 4'5. I am a sight to behold. The teacher, who recovered first, was a man in his late fifties, and, cleared his throat before asking,

“W-who are you?” I grinned as amusement danced in my eyes.

“I am Joy Silva, your new student.” I informed. When all I received was a blank look I added, “Forks High’s new student who’s fluent in several languages? Surely, you’ve been notified?”

“Ah, yes! How about you sit next to Mr. Hale? Mr. Hale raise your hand.” A boy-No a man with glorious golden curls, pale skin, and, topaz orbs at the height of 6'3 raised his hand, and, I skipped to the empty seat next to him.

“Salutations! I am Joy Silva, it’s nice to meet you.” I introduced and, held out my hand as I slid into my seat.

“Jasper Hale, ma’am. It’s a pleasure ta meet ya.” He twanged as he shook my outstretched hand, which set off delicious, frigid fireworks. Then it happened. I slid my gaze from our shaking hands to his beautiful topaz eyes, and the world froze.

*Jasper’s POV*

Mine. This gorgeous, angelic creature is mine. My reason for living, for existing, is Joy. I’ve been waiting over a century and a half for her. My heart, my life, my soul; it all belongs to her. Joy is my everything. Forget gravity; she holds me to earth. Gravity, air, blood; I don’t want it, all I want is her. The latter surprised me. Usually, school is comparable to hell for me. Constantly having to restrain myself, and, feeling all the humans emotions plus my family’s, and my own; it’s tiring. It’s almost as if Joy’s touch dulls all of these aches and, strains. No, she some how cancels them out! The jealousy, curiosity, and, lust that was raging inside me is gone. I can’t feel anyone’s emotions except mine! Even my bloodlust is effected by her touch, though it is still there, the strain is slightly lessoned…

“Alright class! Today we’ll be learning about the Trail of Tears.” Mr. Lewis announced, effectively breaking the trance we were in.

*************************************************************

This class almost killed me. I could see Joy, hear her, and smell her, yet I couldn’t touch her. I mean, how would she react if a random guy she just met kept touching her? She would most likely avoid me, and I don’t find that acceptable at all. When the bell rang I gently held one of Joy’s warm hands in mine, and asked,

“What classes do ya have, Darlin’?” Thankfully, Joy just smiled and handed me her schedule, and didn’t mind me touching her. After I quickly scanned the paper I grinned, which earned a raised eyebrow from Joy.