𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

As I take the pen and scribble my signature on the contract I know I am fucked

He left me with no option. Either I had to sign the contract or the shares would be transferred to my competitor, Subtle Law. They have been our biggest competitor since the start of our business.

I look up at him with numb eyes as I hand over the contract to him. He got what he wanted, who gives a fuck about me.

Oh yeah, no one.

"It's late, I have work to do," I told him dismissively. I need some time to understand what has happened and let that sink in.

"Did you read the last page of the contract?" he asked me casually.

"There were only two pages," I mumbled as a matter of fact.

"Looks like you missed it," he told me.

"What is it, Ruhaan?" I asked him, gulping the lump in my throat.

"We will be sharing a bed, Ms. Thakur," he said as the color disappeared from my face.

Wait. No. What the fuck. I am not sharing a bed with this bastard.

Moreover, I have developed insomnia in the past years so going to bed is something unusual for me until I crash.

"No, I'm not sharing a bed with you, you bastard," I gritted out, my anger evident from my tone.

Why did he even have to return? Wasn't fucking with my life once enough?

"You signed the contract," he grinned at me as he said, "C'mon let's leave, it's late," as he got up.

"I'm staying in my apartment," I told him, not getting up from my chair.

"We are staying in your apartment, little devil," he smirked, emphasizing on the word 'we'.

"Damn it," I cursed under my breath as I took the necessary files required for my upcoming case and followed him.

I found him waiting for me outside my office as I handed him the files.

"I didn't sign up to be your assistant," he uttered, holding the files as I got my laptop.

"You signed up to be my husband," I told him as I faked a smile.

I possess forty percent of the shares, whereas my mom and dad possess fifteen percent each. The remaining thirty percent belongs to Samiksha.

Oh wait.
Fuck.

Even if mom and dad had transferred their shares to Ruhaan, then he would possess thirty percent. My share count is still forty.

Samiksha transferred her shares.

She betrayed me.

She helped him. She knew how broken I was after he broke me. Still she did that. She knew how much Ruhaan had hurt me.

She is a traitor.

I stop still in my tracks as my heartbeat increases and the color drains from my face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked me as I stared at him.

My best friend betrayed me. The person whom I considered everything, who was everything to me betrayed me.

"Sam transferred the shares, right?" I asked him in a small voice.

"You're so smart," he remarked as he took the laptop from my hands.

She betrayed me. My best friend betrayed me. My heart breaks in a million pieces as I stare at him.

Sam was there for me when no one was. She knew how important my firm is to me and still she gave the majority control to Ruhaan. Even my parents.

They were never really available for me, emotionally or physically but it hurts. There is a sting in my chest as tears barge into my eyes and I immediately turn my back towards him.

At this point, I have lost everything. My law firm, my best friend, my parents and the last thing I want at this point is for him to witness me broken.

"Anya, are you crying?"

"I- no, of course not," I tell him, trying my best to keep my voice normal.

How could she do this to me? She was my best friend.

"Look at me, little devil," he uttered as I shook my head.

Why me? Why is it always me? She fucking betrayed me for him.

Who is he even to her? She may have done it for Rudransh but how could she? She couldn't choose me.

It's quiet for a moment when I think that he must have left, but that's not him. He would not leave.

I slowly turn my head as I find him staring at me with a softness in his eyes which was missing since this evening.

"Come here, mera bacha," he uttered as he walked towards me and engulfed me in his arms, caressing my back.

Vote and comment :)